Thread: Statue on campaign map/battlefield marker?

Icon5 Statue on campaign map/battlefield marker?

So during my current of im not sure how many restarts on my campaign i noticed a statue in my province where I had won a battle . Like a memorial type of thing. Out of all the battles Ive played in thats the first time Ive noticed something like that. Is there something specific that triggered it?

Default Re: Statue on campaign map/battlefield marker?

I got one too in my date campaign. They're there to commemorate Heroic victories that you've won.
    The after-battle screen almost always tells you that you've won a heroic victory, but only if you overcome enormous odds and win a truely stunning victory will the statue appear. Its kind of nice to have that recognition back, just like in RTW. Its the little tidbits like these that make this game grow on me more and more.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You just lost the game. But you also won the contest.

Ah, that was the biggest field battle battle Ive had. Not sure it was really that big of a difference in army strength though. My unit and the enemies were pretty good sized. *shrug*
    None the less i feel special for the recognition.
    Ill have to pay more attention from now on lol.
    thanks on the quick reply

Army size might play into it too. It could also be given for "epic" battles where there are many dead on both sides, kind of like a historical monument to the fallen.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You just lost the game. But you also won the contest.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

I got a statue when I was defeated one time. It might have been a costly enemy victory but I don't remember.

I just needs to be a very large battle. I usually get 5 a campaign or so. TIt may also need to be a daimyo on daimyo battle.
    Map guru
    RTR Fan

STOP CREEPING BIGGERISM

Yea it does seem to just need to be a rather large scale battle. Ive since gotten a few more during my current campaign that I havent wanted to restart. I like my memorable statues.

In a legendary campaign as Date I had about 8 of those memorials in Fukushima from fighting the Hojo. Large multi-stack battles every couple years followed by me settling peace since I wouldn't handle their next wave

Dileos's Avatar Decanus

It needs to be a large number of troops 1500+ on both sides, and even that may be at the small end of the spectrum. It also needs to be a heroic or costly victory for a statue to appear.

...theres about 6 of em surrounding Kyoto in my game from the constant assaults of me and my allies. Biggest battle yet was my Takeda/Hojo force against the Shogun and some of the minor clans: 4700 soldiers on our side and around 5000 for the enemy, got a nice little statue sitting right on the Shogun's border . It's amazing that the AI actually helps it allies this time, the player included.
    Last edited by Dileos; March 25, 2011 at 04:11 AM.

I wish you could disable them. My map is getting swarmed with them.. Heroic Victories are the outcome of majority of my battles.. even when auto resolving.