Thread: I give up

Default I give up

Seriously. Today I have tried for hours to get a match battle, I managed to get a small drop-in siege, and then i couldn't get any. The farther i've gone is being struck on "opponent found". I doubt i ever seen such a bugged multiplayer in ages.

I guess I'll wait for a patch. Meh.

Default Re: I give up

I feel the same way =/
    During the course of the entire day I managed to make it into 2 match battles online total, even after restarting the game multiple times.

Lets hope a patch to fix this comes quickly and works well.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You just lost the game. But you also won the contest.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

i must be the only person who doesn't get this as i rarely have to wait more than 20 seconds for somebody to be matched to me. clan chat has been full of people talking about matchmaker not working.

This happens every day, every time I try to do matchmaking.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

i only wait for 15 seconds at most .i always find matches to play

yeah Dont even have to wait 10 seconds to get a battle. hm....

It could be something with the servers, not sure

Naked Emperor's Avatar Centenarius

I get matches easy. Max 30 second wait time
    No battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy
    - Field Marshall Helmuth Carl Bernard von Moltke -

Laetus

I believe many of us do not have the patch. I was running on the original game for about 2 days, even though CA has released a patch. SO, validate your game through steam, and make sure you are properly patched. Once I did this I have been able to play games through the matchmaking system, with MUCH better success.
    Now only if they would put in battles with generals of my same rank, not lvl 11....... >.<

How to Validate:
    1. Open Steam
    2. Library Tab
    2. Right Click Shogun 2
    3. Select Properties( all the way at the bottom)
    4. Select Local Files( 3rd tab from the right)
    5. Verify Integrity of Game Cache
    6. Allow it to Re-validate, Restart Steam and give it a go.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That's weird, I usually get opponents within 10 seconds.

Yeah I only had problems with the game on the second day but after the patch havent had anything go wrong with match making.

Its really a hit or miss for me. Sometimes it'll work, other times it will get stuck on Opponent found and then other times it will just CTD. What i hate is getting into a game and it not letting you start the game, or you get a 3v1.

I usually have tons of multiplayer issues with other games, but here I can usually find an opponent in five-ten seconds.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

For some dumb reason Ca have decided to place us in regions. My region is Australia which has basically no games going at any time.

Come to think of it, Supreme commander 2 (Steam game) had this problem as well before they patched it.

An all regions button would solve this issue.

I'm Australian as well and never had a problem. I feel it might be a problem at your end maybe.

The longest I have waited would be no more than 2 mins

Don't ever give up!

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

I can almost never even see any battles in the server list, and if I do I cant join them because it says they're using a different version. I also cant see anyone talking in chat, and when I click the leaderboard button I get an error saying "no profile found".

It's pretty annoying for me, some times i get a game in seconds other times its like there is a disconnect somewhere and i cant get a game in MM or see anything the battle list,but this is solved by restarting the game.If i try and host a game and get a error message then there is no point trying MM because it says its seacrhing but it is not really.

the difference in experiences boils down to where you live and if you switch regions or not. my partner and i play all regions, and can get a game any time of the day except for 8-11:00 GMT during which times most of the world is sleeping. by 11 GMT, the mid east/eastern europe/russians start to get online.

wherever it is evening in the world, you should go, except for australia where there just aren't enough players.

if you live on a very populated server you've been more likely to get match making games. if you live in new zealand or hawaii you're likely having trouble.

also, the more players in match making the longer it takes/more buggy it is. if you party is 3 or 4 people you're not gonna get a game.

and like bush ranger says, after every session or error, make a new one, to fix the bugs in the process itself.
    Last edited by dmcheatw; March 21, 2011 at 12:39 AM.
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad