Thread: Many mod suggestions for anyone thats interested.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Many mod suggestions for anyone thats interested.

No modder myself, maybe once something of a DB editor is out I might give it a try but right now its completely out of my grasp.

Still, I have plenty of suggestions for anyone that can use it.

First of all:

-generals.

As it is, the faction leader is locked to always have the same appearance. When the heir succeeds they suddenly take on the portrait and appearance of the deceased leader. I would very much like this to be disabled, they should keep their own look.

I have a second suggestion about generals, give some factions different bodyguards to reflect them better. They should remain mounted units for balance, but some could have a bow, others could have a yari while others keep a katana. Perhaps the religious clan could have monk bodyguards.

-Additional units.

As it is there is not that much variation, maybe each faction could be given something unique and some units could be linked to a tech or specific building like a resource building, to limit the regions they can be recruited in.

-Recruiteable Ronin. They seem to be in the game, but not recruiteable. I never fought them so dont know what they look like. Perhaps they could just wear kimono's and no armor, the heads of No dachi could be used.

-Sword Ashigaru. Cheap and simple swordsmen that can be recruited as easily as their yari and bow counterparts. Weaker than samurai of course and with low morale, would have an edge against asigaru spearmen though.

-Arquebusier mercenaries. European mercenaries recruiteable at places with a church or higher christian religious building.

-Elite archers. unarmored archers wearing kimono's. they have good accuracy and slightly longer range but are very weak against anything.

-Shimazu champion. Unique katana hero that looks different than the standard katana hero and is stronger.

-Oda champion. Unique arquebusier hero with increased range and accuracy.

-Mori flagship. Unique flagship of the Mori, very powerfull naval vessel armed with cannons. Limited to one of course.

-Tokugawa champion. Unique Yari cavalry hero. Has less soldiers than a hero unit on foot for balance.

-Takeda champion. Unique cavalry archer hero that is equally skilled in melee. Also limited amount of soldiers compared to foot heroes.

-Uesugi champion. Unique Naginata monk hero, great inspiration for other troops.

-Date champion. Unique no dachi hero with a very power full charge that can cause lesser troops to rout rather quickly. Slightly more resistant against archers than normal no dachi but not too much.

-Chosokabe champion. Unique mounted archer hero.

-Hattori Assasin. Unique ninja hero, stronger defence in melee, less troops though. Has no inspirational bonusses to balance it out.

-Hojo champion. Unique Katana hero that looks different from the regular katana hero but has the same status, but they carry several firebombs with them.

-When leader becomes shogun, their title should change to shogun.
    As it is, they are still refered to as Daimyo. Kyoto should also be changed to be the new capital.

Its a nice feature in multiplayer, but could really spice up singleplayer as well. Possibly a new province could be created or an existing large province could be split up to create a province. The multiplayer avatar would be the initial clan leader. He could start out very young in order to keep him around as long as possible. The appropriate custom color scheme and flags would also be used here.

-Alternative campaign objectives.
    It would be nice to have a campaign where you are not required to take the shogunate and can remain a small clan. Being the first to master all the chi arts and bushido arts could be the objective.

Default Re: Many mod suggestions for anyone thats interested.

Great Ideas! Especially like the Avatar army in campaign and alternative campaign objectives!

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

thanks, I have a few more too.

-General duels.
    I am not sure if this is even possible, but it could be a very cool game feature. An option for a general when attacking an enemy army, to duel an enemy general one on one. For this maybe a small custom made map could be used such as a courtyard of a castle or something like that. Both generals could be dismounted and without bodyguards, fighting one on one.

Alternatively, perhaps special Samurai duelist agents could be used to initiate such battles with generals, or with rival samurai duelists. In that case it could be to gain honour for the clan in victory, or decrease in honour in defeat. The relationship with the faction the challenged duelist belongs to could improve if you win, because its a fair duel and your duelist proved his skill. This in turn could help a player to persuade an enemy to make peace.

Either way I thought such duels where included and would love to see them end up in the game one way or another.

-Clan colors on agents.
    Ninja could be excluded from this for obvious reasons, but agents of the major factions could perhaps show their clan colors to easier tell them apart. I kind of dislike how they all look exactly the same now.

-Onna-Bugeisha recruiteable.
    I noticed these women can spawn as a defence force at strong castles, they could be made recruiteable perhaps, limited to a few because they arent supposed to be numerous.
    Katana and yumi versions could also be added for variety's sake.

Garett20's Avatar Foederatus

A cool mod I think would be that you get to play as the ashikaga and try to reassert your dominance over Japan

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

I would like to see monk units modded to different skill/weapon levels and only available in historical locations where they existed or on "Sacred Ground" regions.

Skill/Weapon Levels:
    >Low Ranked Monks - an ashigaru skill level with only a single basic weapon like a Yari. These monks will be the minumum level available to all factions in the regions where monks can be raised. (No firearms, No Horses, No Swords)

>Medium Ranked Monks - a lower skilled Samurai level with better weapons available but with higher morale to simulate religious ferver in place of loyalty to a faction leader. Armed with naginata, yari and bow with small dagger sidearms (No firearms, No Horses).

>High Ranked Monks - Samuari or Guard skill level perhaps faction specific units to simulate the temples that were supported by major factions. Can use firearms if it does not mean switching religion. No limits on weapons used and may have horses.
    Last edited by Hazbones; March 25, 2011 at 02:19 PM.

Hi,

I've got some more ideas:
    - Army training: An option to have troops train for a season, thus receiving a small amount of XP.
    - Additional Garrison: Especially additional bow units, Ashigaru and samurai Bowman.
    - Building fort: General could build fort, thus it should be somewhat limited or costly
    - Limit cap to the number of samurai/elite unit per building.
    - More income = more armies
    - Diplomatic event... When an AI or a player thinks that he will be wiped out, he could offer is vassalage to friendly powerfull clans.
    - AI should, sometime, create vassal instead of occupying province.
    - AI should offer vassalage to weaker player when they are about to wipe him out.
    - Reduce the paper scissor status of the units stats: I.E: more melee attact to yari samurai vs less bonus vs horse unit.
    - A script were the Shogun would name a clan as his champion. Alliance + extra income (shogun's purse)
    - The champion clan would be temporary and would need to accomplish mission to keep the title.
    - More level of samurai units: Lowly samurai(Loan sword ashigaru like) Mid level samurai and high level samurai. each level with a limited cap of unit per building.

Well that is only a small list of idea, i thought this would be the best post to list them.
    PM me if anyone needs clearer instruction of these ideas.