View Poll Results: Which faction symbol should Sparta have?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lambda

68 71.58%
  • Bull

9 9.47%
  • Snake

5 5.26%
  • Eagle

7 7.37%
  • Rooster

6 6.32%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hegemony: Rise of Hellas (METW2)

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Hegemony: Rise of Hellas

just try TATW, you MUST try that! after that Broken Crescent and SS

then... you'll know how much quality difference between RTW and M2TW (don't see Vanilla, they are mostly... bland XD.... especially after seeing how beautiful the mods are )

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

I'd say stick to Rome for now, and later expand to med2. Rome is a lot more suited to your timeframe, so you won't have to change buildings, battlemap, text files (as much), etc, etc.

just work it out in standard 512x512 skins and decent but not over-detailed unit models, trust me, most players won't notice that unless your models are severely weird or wrong

Just thought id give a quick heads up before rumors start of the mod being dead, anyway im still coming to grips with the METW 2 game engine and I will release my final decision within the next week, but dont think that work has stopped all together! I will also release with this a render of my current project that I am working on at the moment. Anyway im not going to give anything away, im just going to leave you all wondering

hehehe nice news, I vote for m2tw k!! so good luck on modding mate

I thought I would update this thread once again to give everyone a heads up. As of this moment in time I will not be releasing an more information or updates until I see the work fit to be released. However dont think that this is me trying to worm my way out of this mod, its quite the opposite, The reason I want to inform you all of this decision is because I have some very big plans and I want to keep everything a surprise I will constantly be active on these forums so if you would like your questions answered then I will be willing to give you your answer, however dont ask me what my plans are because all I am saying is that I have my work cut out

So do not expect to see any updates for a while as development will always take time. However all those of you that will be willing to help me in this venture are more than welcome to do so If you feel like you would like to help towards the mod then please get in touch.

debux's Avatar Senator

That looks too detailed to be true... (the hoplite model/skin)

I hope you're not working alone though , I take it that you're dveloping in another forum?
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

that is just the beginning my friend.

And this may sound quite odd for such a largely ambitious project, but I am actually working on my own, and I am being very reluctant to gather a mod team together until I know that an individual that wishes to help me is just as dedicated to this cause as myself. That may make me sound quite rude i suppose, however I would like to give the mod an industry standard finish and is not something which I am going to tackle half heartedly. This whole project will be used eventually as my portfolio for when I eventually move into a career in the games industry (my current ambition)

Anyway im rambling on like I do lol, thank you for your praise, it is very appreciated!

debux's Avatar Senator

Alright, good luck! But a little help goes the long way, you know

And I don't think it's worth to mention who helped you in something you're not totally focused on, for your portfolio. Just saying
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

Quote Originally Posted by I-Alexander-I View Post
    ...and I am being very reluctant to gather a mod team together until I know that an individual that wishes to help me is just as dedicated to this cause as myself.
    What you are asking is impossible. The only way to know how dedicated someone is to a cause is to see by their actions. There is no way you can get a full assurance unless you bind them by contract and money is involved.

Either you start a team on an amateur project then handpick the members you see to be good enough for your real project, or you pay them for their dedication. You have to realize that it is YOUR project you're asking these volunteers to dedicate their time into. No one is going to be that passionate on someone else's vision.

Quote Originally Posted by wlesmana View Post
    What you are asking is impossible. The only way to know how dedicated someone is to a cause is to see by their actions. There is no way you can get a full assurance unless you bind them by contract and money is involved.

Either you start a team on an amateur project then handpick the members you see to be good enough for your real project, or you pay them for their dedication. You have to realize that it is YOUR project you're asking these volunteers to dedicate their time into. No one is going to be that passionate on someone else's vision.
    Well you see this is basically where I am coming from, The fact is is that I agree with you totally in what you say. My main issue is because I want the project to be created the way I aim for it to be I need to make sure that I have team members with a wide knowledge of modeling and that dedication to get the job done. Like I said I dont mean to sound rude or trying to isolate myself but you have to understand that my planned workflow and dead lines are always meet and that level of discipline retained to make sure the job gets done.

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

Oh yea, I understand what you're saying. After all, when it comes to dedication to a goal I can honestly say I know exactly what that feels like. But going by my experience, since I started working on my mod in 2006, I have only managed to get 1 member who stood by me the whole way. The rest contributed here and there but never to the level of dedication expected. Since you're thinking of doing this as a career, I can give an example of how Professor420, used to be the mod leader of Fourth Age Total War, did it and is now working for BioWare. You will need to assemble a team for a project with clear goals like you have now but managing this team, even with not so dedicated members, into a working force is something you can put in your portfolio. Managing a team and working in one is something not many can do very well even if they're individually good modders. It takes a lot of time just to get people do their jobs and keep an eye on quality and it's one of the reasons my "team" never search for members (we instead accept contributions). If you managed to do this, then you have a skill companies would want.

good luck with the project but I always say that it would be better if you show previews. anyway good luck

Indefinitely Banned

Any progress?

Plenty is happening behind the scenes and I have been working like mad on this thing getting all sorts ready for a little preview into the development phase of the mod. I cant give an exact date of when i will release this preview but all I can say is keep your eyes peeled for an update soon

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by I-Alexander-I View Post
    Plenty is happening behind the scenes and I have been working like mad on this thing getting all sorts ready for a little preview into the development phase of the mod. I cant give an exact date of when i will release this preview but all I can say is keep your eyes peeled for an update soon
    are you like geting any sleep with all this modding?

lol when I can :p once I have the development plan all written up and published in full then it will all calm down and I can begin to properly get down to the fun stuff

nice news alexander!!! waiting for the preview

Indefinitely Banned

Is the preview going to up soon?

Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
    Is the preview going to up soon?
    Patience is a virtue my friend. The reason why the preview is taking so long is because im just experimenting with all sorts of things for example getting nicer renders and just exploring the gameplay of RTW and the science behind the game. I want to get a good feel for everything so when I release the preview im releasing work that I am happy with