View Poll Results: Which faction symbol should Sparta have?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lambda

68 71.58%
  • Bull

9 9.47%
  • Snake

5 5.26%
  • Eagle

7 7.37%
  • Rooster

6 6.32%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hegemony: Rise of Hellas (METW2)

Default Re: Hegemony: Rise of Hellas

nice Alexander
    wish you good luck I will keep an eye on this project
    edit 2: why not porting this to m2tw...units got the necesary quality and RTW is old fashionable, on the other hand there is no greek mod for M2TW (except the beta of agon) so... this could be your chance
    Last edited by Tenerife_Boy; March 30, 2011 at 10:34 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    nice Alexander
    edit 2: why not porting this to m2tw...units got the necesary quality and RTW is old fashionable, on the other hand there is no greek mod for M2TW (except the beta of agon) so... this could be your chance
    agon is dead

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
    agon is dead

Whoah, what a nice show of respect.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

Indefinitely Banned

Sorry

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

nice Alexander
    What about PI?

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

Does this mod need a 2d artrist???
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
    agon is dead
    First of all, that was not the MAIN point of my post,so
    Whoah, what a nice show of respect.
    I agree...

Secondly
    What about PI?
    PI is , between years 338 to 260 BC building up to the Punic wars, so not GREEK CLASICAL era wich is 550-350 bc more or less...

Indefinitely Banned

First of all, that was not the MAIN point of my post,so

I agree...

Secondly

PI is , between years 338 to 260 BC building up to the Punic wars, so not GREEK CLASICAL era wich is 550-350 bc more or less...
    I sed I was sorry

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

You said Greek, not classical Greek, but whatever. I highly recomend PI to anyone on this forum!

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Achea View Post
    You said Greek, not classical Greek, but whatever. I highly recomend PI to anyone on this forum!
    PI has incredible models. However they are so incredible that I cannot fight battles

They can advice you regarding models.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

well, PI is a great project and SigniferOne is a good friend but for now I have to say that the units are not so incredible as jirisys said, they are only porting units from RTW to m2tw wich for a 1š beta is enough but not for a hole mod.

Thatīs the reason why I told him to include the units that VINKLER posted. they are far better, itīs well known

But weīre not here to spam please talk about this mod

jirisys's Avatar Senator

well, PI is a great project and SigniferOne is a good friend but for now I have to say that the units are not so incredible as jirisys said, they are only porting units from RTW to m2tw wich for a 1š beta is enough but not for a hole mod.

Thatīs the reason why I told him to include the units that VINKLER posted. they are far better, itīs well known

But weīre not here to spam please talk about this mod
    Of course not. My computer is so awful it cannot play them

However they are one of the middle-ground regarding detailed models.

~Jirisys ()
    Signature

Like i say, my first original aim for this mod was to test the game engine to see what will suit this mod the best. I am tempted to port this mod over to METW2, as a large aspect of this mod is to focus upon the graphics and better gameplay. However one thing that lets the METW2 engine down is the lack of availability when it comes to modeling buildings, with that said I will look into this further before we begin to progress into long term modding.

I would like to leave this open to discussion as to what you guys think would be the best engine to work upon..

Indefinitely Banned

Rome

M2TW no doubt, more posibilities in animations and variety of soldiers in the same group( remember hoplites didnīt wear the same panoply except late spartans )
    Talk with Ataegina, heīs doing excelent buildings for m2tw ( colliseum ando so..)

Let Alexander decide and not push him into making it for either RTW or M2TW, both of the games have its charm for modding, so none of them is wrong to mod on
    Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad

Quote Originally Posted by drking View Post
    Let Alexander decide and not push him into making it for either RTW or M2TW, both of the games have its charm for modding, so none of them is wrong to mod on
    WTF? he wants to know our opinion and we are just expressing...read a bit...
    I would like to leave this open to discussion as to what you guys think would be the best engine to work upon..

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Rome for now. Med2 is better when you have a large team, otherwise it's almost impossible to do, given that you need (isn't necessary, but since you're then on that engine anyway you'd best take advantage of it) to do 3-4 models/skins instead of 1 per unit. The scope of this mod is also out of Med2's vanilla scope, so that'll also need at least 3 people working on it.

WTF? he wants to know our opinion and we are just expressing...read a bit...
    maye ive read some things wrong, every human makes mistake. no reason for you to act like this....
    Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    Rome for now. Med2 is better when you have a large team, otherwise it's almost impossible to do, given that you need (isn't necessary, but since you're then on that engine anyway you'd best take advantage of it) to do 3-4 models/skins instead of 1 per unit. The scope of this mod is also out of Med2's vanilla scope, so that'll also need at least 3 people working on it.
    I agree with using 3-4 models per unit, this is one of the large pros from METW 2 and also the fact that Armour and weapons can be upgraded visually. This would make a lovely addition I fell, also with the final aim of this mod to hopefully look at getting it onto its own stand alone client (hopefully) we need as much quality as we can now and to use a system like this would be very beneficial i think.

I am currently testing the METW2 game now to test its suitability, weighing up the pros and cons between this and RTW. I will provide you all with a second development PDF as soon as the decision has been made and will hopefully include abit more information as to what we exactly want to aim for in the first beta version of the mod.