Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: RELEASED: INVASIO BARBARORVM : SOMNIUM APOSTATAE IULIANII V1.0

Default Re: RELEASED: INVASIO BARBARORVM : SOMNIUM APOSTATAE IULIANII V1.0

Then I'm afraid there was misunderstanding, by me. Apparently I did not know that I can download the portraits with add-on. Will do that ASAP.
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

ATN's Avatar Civis

Could you upload to filefront? As MegaUpload is giving me and depositfiles download slots are busy all the time.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by ATN View Post
    Could you upload to filefront? As MegaUpload is giving me and depositfiles download slots are busy all the time.
    Afraid not as the file limit is 600MB and Part I exceeds that. I am working on an alternative called 2shared. I hope to have that up by the weekend when I reupload a revised Part I and Part II. Sorry about that.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by AirAssault7 View Post
    So I really love this mod, "however," I got one gripe. Gameplay has somewhat low frames per second, and its mostly when focusing the camera on units. When the camera suddenly has any armies in view there's a drop in frame rate, and especially when I'm selecting my army in the deployment phase. Is there anything I can do about this? I tried lowering vegetation and grass amongst other things in the video options.
    That's called lag. It happens when your machine is not quite up to the requirements. It can be solved by lowering your greaphical settings.
    The first to lower should be the unit quality in any TW game (that causes the most lag), after that either AA or vegetation quality.

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

well i tried to reduce lag. In the options of game i believe this is possible to do. You just need to open the advanced options i believe.
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

You go to menu>options>video options>show advanced something and reduce the unit quality. And the scale, if it is acceptable.

Guess I'll just have to make do with what I can cause I want to keep the huge settings. However, I was quite surprised when I found out my PC could run HUGE armies in RTW and BI when I first bought the DVD Gold Edition not too long ago.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by AirAssault7 View Post
    Guess I'll just have to make do with what I can cause I want to keep the huge settings. However, I was quite surprised when I found out my PC could run HUGE armies in RTW and BI when I first bought the DVD Gold Edition not too long ago.
    May I suggest installing the CA Vanilla Strat cIty Option as the SAI Cities are large files, or is your problem more related to battle lag?

whats new, bra?
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

this is doubtless the best mod for the late roman era!
    arise! arise riders of theoden!

Quote Originally Posted by phobos451 View Post
    this is doubtless the best mod for the late roman era!
    No doubt. Although I haven't played any others so .

I want to play the 4tpy 355 campaign.Tried to install it but still get the default one.I did it successfully in last version but can't remember how lol.Could someone please indulge me and give a step by step instruction.Am installing to same folder as game. EDIT Never mind it's the SAI folder, Kritic you Dullard :/
    Last edited by Kritic; April 01, 2011 at 05:45 PM.
    “Plunderers of the world, after they, laying everything waste, run out of land, they probe even the sea: if their enemy has wealth, they have greed; if he be poor, they are ambitious; neither East nor West has sated them; alone of mankind they covet poverty with the same passion as wealth. Robbery, butchery, rape they misname empire: they make a wasteland and call it peace” Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    whats new, bra?
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

One question. Why isn't this an independent mod?
    It really is one of the most complete and most historic mods out there, yet it doesn't seem to receive the attention some others do.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    It really is one of the most complete and most historic mods out there, yet it doesn't seem to receive the attention some others do.
    Not sure what you mean by "independent mod"?

SAI is a mod that's part of the INVASIO BARBARORVM community, and not to be considered a "sub-mod". Back in the day, when IBFD was the "mother mod", it would have been apropriate to talk of a sub-mod, but that's hardly the case anymore. There's no longer a hierarchy of mods, but a rather small community of IB members who cooperate and share work with each other. And there's really no clearly defined boundaries between the mods - yes, they all have their leaders and so on, but we all try to help each other out.

You can read more about the history of the IB community here --> link.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    IB's a family of mods by a group of people cooperating.

Really a great mod!!!

Libertus

I agree with you.

Hi, are in all three campaigns civil war and in which campaign there is the least?

Thanks

Marc

If by civil war u mean break up in the empire then 355 has Julian face off against constantius at some point and 365 has 3 pretenders (valentinian I, Procopius, and Valens) each ruling its own part of empire and competing.