Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: RELEASED: INVASIO BARBARORVM : SOMNIUM APOSTATAE IULIANII V1.0

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: RELEASED: INVASIO BARBARORVM : SOMNIUM APOSTATAE IULIANII V1.0

The Emperor Valens was promoted to the throne on this day in history, just thought I might throw that out there.

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    If Norton see's it as a high risk it automatically deletes it......Anyway I downloaded again with Virus protection 'turned off' and it installed fine. I haven't played yet but its installed. Ofcourse not everyone wants their virus turned off! But the end justified the means for me
    as i said in the Tavern, don't be afraid to tune your Norton according to your preferences. i use it too, and it doesn't delete anything without my consent. you should never let any security software at its defaults but rather disable any "automatically delete/remove" option.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Too bad I can't rep any of the team members - stupid infractions.

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

hi everyone. i dl this fantastic mod. all works fine, but i cant find the the soundmod in my options folder in SAI. there is no soundmod exe. ,- just campaigns, diplomacy and scripts -, what did i wrong?

Haven't broken out RTW in a long time. Think I will do so with this release.

Can you use Alex ai for this? Are there steam instructions?

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Serapio View Post
    hi everyone. i dl this fantastic mod. all works fine, but i cant find the the soundmod in my options folder in SAI. there is no soundmod exe. ,- just campaigns, diplomacy and scripts -, what did i wrong?
    You need to instal Part II as well. It contains all the main options.

Quote Originally Posted by brymht View Post
    Can you use Alex ai for this?
    Not at present.

Has any body noticed their historical portraits in game, They have been placed in the portraits list so that they would appear in game. I'm curious as to whether this has happened or not. Please post a screen shot if you like.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

damn....this...mod...is....awesome.

the level of awesomeness is so great, the computer I'm playing it on is fidgeting every once in a while-and it's an i7 computer approved by the republic of gamers (yeah, I got a new one).

no, that's not a bad thing: it's a purely graphical artifact, that especially effects fmvs.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Well congratulations on a true masterpiece of a mod. This is a true equal to other successful Rome mods and high water mark for IB series.

I am little bit confused.I already have this game.I downloaded it many months ago.Is this some thing new.How come we need to go to 2007 dated post to downoad it.

Quote Originally Posted by donnyy View Post
    I am little bit confused.I already have this game.I downloaded it many months ago.Is this some thing new.How come we need to go to 2007 dated post to downoad it.
    This is a new version of the old BETA one. I kept the same thread for continuity.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Amazing game. And much fewer CTD's than in the previous version. Well done for creating this mod and I hope that you'll continue developing it more and more in the future. The fact that while I have Shogun 2 installed on my pc but I prefer to play IB SAI counts for something I guess.

One question though. I can't find where the Legio Palatinae Lanciari Seniores is recruited.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    Amazing game. And much fewer CTD's than in the previous version. Well done for creating this mod and I hope that you'll continue developing it more and more in the future. The fact that while I have Shogun 2 installed on my pc but I prefer to play IB SAI counts for something I guess.

One question though. I can't find where the Legio Palatinae Lanciari Seniores is recruited.
    Thanks. Glad you're enjoying the mod and the fact that you are prefering to play this rather than Shogun 2 at the moment speaks volumes.

In relation to your question regarding the Lanciarii Seniores, they are recruitable in Antioch.

So I really love this mod, "however," I got one gripe. Gameplay has somewhat low frames per second, and its mostly when focusing the camera on units. When the camera suddenly has any armies in view there's a drop in frame rate, and especially when I'm selecting my army in the deployment phase. Is there anything I can do about this? I tried lowering vegetation and grass amongst other things in the video options.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    In relation to your question regarding the Lanciarii Seniores, they are recruitable in Antioch.
    Ah, so this means that I got to capture Antioch to replenish them (I'm playing as the WRE).
    Well, I'm kinda far from there, fighting in Italy at the moment.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

I was about to start new 361 game, but after reading some comments and stuff, are there any bug fixes I should wait? IF I understood correctly there was something about Roman portraits?

Anyways, very great job with the mod .
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ruunu View Post
    I was about to start new 361 game, but after reading some comments and stuff, are there any bug fixes I should wait? IF I understood correctly there was something about Roman portraits?

Anyways, very great job with the mod .
    The mishap with my new Roman portraits is not a bug, and will not effect any aspects of the game other than the purely cosmetical.

Yeah, but I like them portraits too much. I can't play without them I'm afraid. Or I'm afraid of the 361 campaign.
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ruunu View Post
    Yeah, but I like them portraits too much. I can't play without them I'm afraid. Or I'm afraid of the 361 campaign.
    Joar's portraits are great. I would strongly advise you installing the Add On, but it is your choice after all.