Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Less shiny/glossy units (V4 released for latest patch!)

Default Re: Less shiny/glossy units (V3 released!)

Is it possible for you to reduce the gloss on flesh of all units more especially during rain weather? Also, I observed that the cutscene were made with ingame units. I wonder if cutscene units gloss could be reduced. Anyway, thank you for your wonderful work here.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by adbr View Post
    So does this remove more gloss than the unit variety mod (v2) or is this now a defunct project?

Either way, thank you for your work.
    Not sure if it removes the gloss more or not, but I wouldn't say it's defunct because this will work for those who aren't using the unit variety mod (for whatever reason)

Quote Originally Posted by langtutheky View Post
    Is it possible for you to reduce the gloss on flesh of all units more especially during rain weather? Also, I observed that the cutscene were made with ingame units. I wonder if cutscene units gloss could be reduced. Anyway, thank you for your wonderful work here.
    Reducing the gloss on the flesh is possible without any difficulties, I'll look into that, . Cutscenes is probably not possible though, I'd guess they're pre-recorded.

Capricornius's Avatar Civis

Interestingly enough, your mod gives me a juicy FPS boost when watching battles up close.

I must say that this is a must have mod.

Now it's time you work on a mod that gives body hair to the soldiers (no more waxy men)

JK of course
    When the enemy advances, withdraw; when he stops, harass; when he tires, strike; when he retreats, pursue. ~ Mao Zedong

Hello guys just new to the forum and i like it a lot.. Great work u guys... amazing work. Well i have question, is this mod working with the ninja leader mode ?

Do you reckon you could do the reverse for the weapons? More gloss, so they 'glint' in the sun more?
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Daxmaxwale View Post
    Hello guys just new to the forum and i like it a lot.. Great work u guys... amazing work. Well i have question, is this mod working with the ninja leader mode ?
    I honestly don't know, I don't think it will affect the gloss on those units, but it shouldn't crash or anything, I guess. try it, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Do you reckon you could do the reverse for the weapons? More gloss, so they 'glint' in the sun more?
    Might be possible, haven't looked into the weapon-textures any. haven't got much time and energy right now though, might look into it later.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Hey, Ftmch, how's that alternative for a somewhat lesser reduction of gloss (say 75% of the current version) for the units going? Still interested in it?

I just realized that there's another area which you might want to take a look at for this type of work: the banners and sashimonos of the units. I'm wondering if lesser gloss on these things could mitigate the problem of reflections from bright-coloured variants of them. Take the yellow banners and sashimonos of the Oda clan, for example, they make the black armor of the Oda soldiers looking like bronze or something. And we have all noticed the all out whitening effect of white banners on the uniforms of any army when viewed from a distance on the battlefield.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 08, 2011 at 01:47 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Hey, Ftmch, how's that alternative for a somewhat lesser reduction of gloss (say 75% of the current version) for the units going? Still interested in it?

I just realized that there's another area which you might want to take a look at for this type of work: the banners and sashimonos of the units. I'm wondering if lesser gloss on these things could mitigate the problem of reflections from bright-coloured variants of them. Take the yellow banners and sashimonos of the Oda clan, for example, they make the black armor of the Oda soldiers looking like bronze or something. And we have all noticed the all out whitening effect of white banners on the uniforms of any army when viewed from a distance on the battlefield.
    Actually, I don't think that's because of the banners, because even with banners and textures changed the same colour still appears, at least from a distance, but I think it's the same up close, that a slight shade of the factions colour is applied to the units, and more and more the further away from the camera they are. So this is probably a db-editing thing.
    (and I haven't looked into the gloss-reduction yet, I have a lot of things on my mind at the moment, so it'll probably take a while)

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

"Clan Colour Mod: while this mod seems to negate the Unit Variety Mod."

I tested* and I think is not true, just less gloss mod with unit variety is not compatible.
    *Unit variety, less gloss and color mod11 together.
    Any compatibility project for the 3 mods?
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Yeah, this doesn't work with the unit variety, works with the colour mod as far as I know though. I think the variety mod has some reducing of the gloss, but if a compatible version was to be made his new textures would have to be edited, and that's not my choice. If the creator of the unit variety mod wants to make a reduced gloss-version he's free to use my gloss-maps though, but he could probably do it himself very easily considering he's already done something similar. But yeah, it's not up to me to do, since I'd have to modify his textures.

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ftmch View Post
    Yeah, this doesn't work with the unit variety, works with the colour mod as far as I know though. I think the variety mod has some reducing of the gloss, but if a compatible version was to be made his new textures would have to be edited, and that's not my choice. If the creator of the unit variety mod wants to make a reduced gloss-version he's free to use my gloss-maps though, but he could probably do it himself very easily considering he's already done something similar. But yeah, it's not up to me to do, since I'd have to modify his textures.
    Thanks for complete answer
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

I'm using Unit Variety and Less Gloss mod and lots of other mods together and its working fine for me

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

There is probably some minor problems with this mod and ashigaru and some special soldiers now with the new patch, I'm gonna try to get a fix up later today.

Edit: Fix is up
    Last edited by Ftmch; May 11, 2011 at 04:34 AM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

FTMCH - has this mod been updated since the patch mate?

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Yup but I guess you already know this considering our PM conversation, but yes, this has been updated to work with the new patch.

Default Re: Less shiny/glossy units (V4 released for latest patch!)

So do i install this first, then the retexture mod for all factions (including minors) to have the same level of gloss?
    What about AUM / Radious Unit mod units? Will a re-download of this less-gloss mod be required, or just the retexture mod? Will you update your retexture thread with it? :p

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    So do i install this first, then the retexture mod for all factions (including minors) to have the same level of gloss?
    What about AUM / Radious Unit mod units? Will a re-download of this less-gloss mod be required, or just the retexture mod? Will you update your retexture thread with it? :p
    What order you install it in doesn't matter. just put this aswell as the clan retexture-packs in your data-folder and all clans should have less-gloss.

Don't think any redownload will be necessary, however, as far as I know neither AUM or Radious Units are compatible with my mod at the moment, however, there will be an AUM-version eventually

Default Re: Less shiny/glossy units

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Hey Ftmch, any plans to reduce the gloss of the campaign map figures as well? I think the show on the campaign map would come out in its proper colours and look much better if that excessive gloss was removed. I know this has been done already somewhere else, but I believe a different method from yours were used there and chances are that I would prefer yours. So if you ever find time and energy to give the campaign map figures the same care as the battlefield units, it would be much appreciated.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast