Version 4 has been released!
Changes in V4:
-Updated to work correctly with the latest patch
Changes in V3:
- Removed gloss frome some gloves
- Removed gloss from some of the ropes/straps around samurai's necks (rope shouldn't shine like metal)
- Removed gloss from monks robes
- reduced the gloss on the circular markings on the ashigaru, they still glow more than the armour since they're brighter than it on most factions, but they have the same gloss as the rest of the armour now, so they shouldn't look as much light bright spotlights.
- Possibly some other changes
Install it by dropping it in your Data-folder, no activation by script necessary anymore, if you had the mod-old version, remove the old line from your user.script-file, otherwise the game will crash on startup.
Changes in V2:
- Reduced the gloss on many more things (horses, some more cloth etc. etc.)
- In the last version, the cloth became a lot darker, it's not as dark anymore (I think), but it's still not all shiny.
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
Well, I'm not the only one who thought the units where way to shiny in the game, especially the clothes, they looked rather.. plastic (the awful colours on some of the factions still makes them look plastic though, but trust me, I'll get to that as soon as it's possible to assign custom textures to specific factions).
Anyway, I made this quick fix, this should make the units a lot less shiny and glossy, I haven't tested it much though, so there might be some problems. This removes the gloss pretty much altogether on much of the cloth on the units, and reduces the gloss on the armour. Haven't taken any screenshots, but it's easy to add/remove, so just try it out!