Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are people still pulling the plug?

Default Why are people still pulling the plug?

O.k so i fought two people today and even one of them was in the USSR clan and they pulled the plug and i have a strong reason to think they pulled the plug and not just internet problems 1. Little to no lag at all during the battle, 2. Units Reacted and Reacted well to the orders i was giving 3. After all my enemy's muskets rout he leaves.

Even if you don't believe me some of my friend's even said they have got plug pullers and i'm not sure why because you get Points even if you lose, not as many of course but you still get points i find it really odd and i want to know if something like this has happened to other people and should CA put this big notice saying that even if you lose you gain points or something...

Default Re: Why are people still pulling the plug?

Honestly, about 20% of the enemy I am faced against are quitting when they are about to lose, which means I will not get a win and he does not get a lose. Its registered as draw... it sucks.

It's also possible they CTD'd.
    Your question why people do it was rhetorical, right?
    There's no rational reason with the stats being broken anyway.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Yea its Rhetorical as there is no reason but the real question is has any one else experienced this

Yes, my last game was a plug pull. Pretty stupid imo.

A clan mate and myself were fighting two guys from a clan with something (dont think i can post names) like an N in it, an I i think, maybe a G, and ending with a Z........ those guys act like they are gods but right when they were going to get smoked completely one pulled the plug out. The funny part was that before it happened my clan mate and I were thinking they were going to pull it and sure enough they did.

it doesn't sound like USSR members, but you can't put it past anyone. If your gut tells you they pulled the plug you're probably right....

and yeah boatsanhoze is definately right, watch out for those lamers on the US servers.
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

August's Avatar Decanus

Sounds like it would be sensible to have AI take over the d/c player, and if the remaining player beats that, he gets a win. While d/c player gets a draw, though it would be handy to have the total number of game disconnects and recent disconnects shown clearly before the game, if someone has something in three digits, they shouldn't be playing online to begin with.

If a player disconnect he gets a lose, simple. Otherwise the statistics would mean nothing!

August's Avatar Decanus

That's fine. Now that I think of it, d/c = draw allows players to be undefeated and inflate the ranking by playing against only those who are much weaker, at least for a while.

but question is how do you know if was the player or was CTD ? just as an example i got CTD in middle of a battle and i was winning clearly yet i may have looked for the other player as i plugged out......
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Plug pulling will be around so long as routers have detachable ethernet cables, and people remain atychiphobic.
    My friend you would not tell with such high zest
    To children ardent for some desperate glory,
    The old lie. Dulce et decorum est
    Pro patria mori.

-Wilfred Owen-

Indefinitely Banned

I had a guy pull the plug, He camped with art and disconnected with 1 unit left. I know he did not just crash lol

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

well, I think it's hard to judge, or maybe there is a trick to know but it has happened to me 3-4 times( at least, that steam had problem or the game bugged and got a CTD, I would never pull the plug as as accept my defeat as part of the game, I just hope the ppl I played with don't think I'm a plug puller
    Check out:
    ''Ancien Régime'' a ETW Re-texture Project ( France, Poland-lithuania, etc...)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245857
    Regalia of Nations ( Flag, sounds, uniforms, effects mod):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1189

Indefinitely Banned

well there are ways to tell. If it happens nea the beginninf of the battle or where they are winning or where they are losing slightly then I'd say it is a crash or whatever. But then they start name callling and talking trash in teh chat box, or there is only 1-2 units left then it is allmost 100% of the time a plug pulled.

I wish I could just ban facing certain players in matched battle from the ingame menu.

Just about all my wins were rage quits I rush and he starts to route then screen goes black lol no gg no gf no nothin lol actually makes me laugh more than anything I don't mind my record people see a five star general with one win and some losses and think noob then I smack em

I have had a couple of games i was certain was a plug pull.but now you still get the win and replay.Which i have BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by BoatsandHoze View Post
    A clan mate and myself were fighting two guys from a clan with something (dont think i can post names) like an N in it, an I i think, maybe a G, and ending with a Z........ those guys act like they are gods but right when they were going to get smoked completely one pulled the plug out. The funny part was that before it happened my clan mate and I were thinking they were going to pull it and sure enough they did.
    Uh no... we didnt pull the plug the game froze and we thought you guys did LOL! wtf... seriously. Why would we pull the plug? We had better position etc good armies and hadnt even lost men... you take our jokes too seriously we were just messin around, in fact we thought you 2 pulled the plug not us.. Anyway we won 3 out of the 4 battles we played... the other was SUPER close, anyway that wasnt us pulling the plug, it would be you cu roi or the game, and I probably think it was shogun.
    Last edited by Marshal Ney; March 19, 2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Empire : Total War
    1303 hours played, last played monday

Libertus

Really frustrating when the game crashes in the middle of the battle. Happened with me twice, and the other players must have thought that I pulled the plug...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast