Thread: Dark screen

Default Dark screen

I had this problem before. After some while by playibg S2 i got my computer shut down. Don't know why. My computer doesn't overheat or something. Computer just turning off with no reason.

Default Re: Dark screen

I'm gonna say its a heat issue. For my card, catalyst control center will shut down my PC in the event of extremely high temperatures. Check your temperatures.

I recommend ATI Tray Tools, its compatible with Nvidia cards as well.

It can display your GPU temperature ingame and its great for measuring temps if your OCing.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xsvspitfire - NEW VIDEOS UPLOADED DAILY
    Featuring Videos of: BF3, Bastion, Skyrim, Starcraft 2 & World In Conflict
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM

Ok maybe i will show you my specs:
    CPU: Phenom II X4 B50@ 3,5GHz BE+ Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | GPU: Gigabyte HD5850 OC 1GB | MOBO: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO | RAM: OCZ 2x2GB 1600MHz AMD BE CL8 1,65V | CASE: LanCool K58 | HDD: Seagate 500GB 7200.12 | PSU: Chieftec 450W | MOUSE&KEY: Razer DA 3G + Goliathus + Lycosa | SCREEN: BenQ FP91GP 19" PVA | SYS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Shogun and Bad Company 2 seeems be 2 only ones with this issue(but at BC2 haven't seen that for w while). My graphics card
    and cpu has good air cooling.

Did your 5850 come overclocked out of the box or did you overclock it yourself?
    And I take it your CPU was a dual core and you unlocked the other 2 cores.

I think the issue is your video card getting to hot. Try rolling the clocks down to stock speeds and see what happens.

If it still persists, set your CPU speed back to stock speed and see if that helps.

99% of all PC shut downs in the middle of a game are from your PC attempting to save the hardware from overheating and breaking.

If none of that works, you might even wanna consider rolling your CPU back to a dual core. Turning dual cores into quad cores is always a hit or miss business. I know I tried it with my 555 and none of my desktops programs would run afterwards, so I had to go back to dual core.
    Last edited by Blom89; March 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM

I bought checked X2@4 CPU from second hand. Temps are fine. Card is stocked OCed.

A B50 X4 is indeed an unlocked dual core. What you have right now is a dual core that was unlocked to a quad core, which can increase temps quite a bit and that mixed with the overclocking on it can create a lot of heat, especially if your rolling with a stock heatsink and fan.

Also my 4850 artifacts like crazy when my memories overclocked to 1100, even though the temps are in the low 70's, so temps dont always mean stability.

I highly recommend lowering the clocks on the GPU to there stock speeds and see how it goes. It can't hurt to try.
    Last edited by Blom89; March 19, 2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM

After minimalizing game i have noticed that only 1 core is used and is using with 100%. Don't know why.

Most likely that is the games fault, not your own. TW series has never been known for multi-core optimization.
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM