Thread: Fix to the "Past Grievances" Vassalage Bug

Default Fix to the "Past Grievances" Vassalage Bug

Reported on the problem in another topic, but it appears from my experience that vassalage always incurs a sizable "Past grievances" diplomatic bug. This happens regardless of your prior relationship with the vassaled faction, so for example if you made a vassal of a faction that was wiped out before you met them you would face this problem.

I have no experience in scripting, though I am more familiar with the PFM DB editor so once that is updated and a subsequent table can be found with this feature, I'd like to remove it so that vassalage doesn't incur past grievances problems. If no such table exists, we'd need a scripter!

Quite frankly, I'd rather see something like the Liberation Function in ETW/NTW where they are actually grateful for 'liberation' (Even if as a vassal).Otherwise there's no real motivation to make a vassal, since they only contribute being a buffer zone and end up giving you diplomatic entanglement (Twice I've ended up facing a war with a major ally because he attacked my vassal).

Default Re: Fix to the "Past Grievances" Vassalage Bug

Major allies attacking my vassals pisses me right off. Went form being the major player in the main power bloc (chokosabe (me), shogunate, hojo, mori) to having to nail the shogunate, and push what should have been my allies right out into the East side of the map to get some land distance between them and my vassals, and they STILL declare war on them for no reason. They dont even send armies down to harass them in a navy and barely even attack me letalone madea dedicated push thru my land to get to my vassals.

Default Re: Fix to the "Past Grievances" Vassalage Bug

Agree completely with this thread. Vassals are worthless atm.