Thread: Counters to Gun Navy

August's Avatar Decanus

Icon5 Counters to Gun Navy

I two games thus far where I encountered Siege Brunes.

Seemingly fragile ship with only 5 armed sailors... and a unit of gunners that rout any ship with a few salvos.
    Two siege brunes side by side routed every ship that attempted to approach it, including my admiral!
    I is there any counter to this, aside from better ship with more guns/cannons?
    Am I missing some obvious weakness of it?

I am at a loss...

Default Re: Counters to Gun Navy

If your talking about cannon bune there is none you cant board them or shot them they are just OP.Jack said fire arrows kill them,yeah right try and get a fire arrow ship near it.

Quote Originally Posted by bushranger View Post
    If your talking about cannon bune there is none you cant board them or shot them they are just OP.Jack said fire arrows kill them,yeah right try and get a fire arrow ship near it.
    What the mess? An imbroadable ship? Agh!

Are siege bunes boardable?

Quote Originally Posted by themichaelx View Post
    What the mess? An imbroadable ship? Agh!

Are siege bunes boardable?
    Yes the heavy bunes counter them siege bunes instant rout when boarded.They are just a support ship but a really good one for it's price.

Cannon bunes need quite some time to reload, if you're fast you can get a Sengoku in there between the volleys.

Siege bunes are a somewhat easy target to fire arrows, just stay at maximum distance.