Thread: Veterans

Default Veterans

Ive been trying for about 20 battles to get Katana Veterans.

Is it even possible to get Katana Samurai Veterans in MP because it seems pretty damned impossible.

Default Re: Veterans

I don't know. I've had some weird choices for veteran units. Bow Ashigaru are seemingly impossible to veteran. I've had multiple games where they've had the highest kills of my army and instead I got a veteran spear or loan sword. The most egregious to me was when a unit of Bow Ashigaru didn't lose one man out of their 120 man unit but killed 179 enemy. I have gotten a veteran Bow Samurai, as well a couple Yari Samurai. Veteranship seems to favor melee, although no I don't have any Katana Samurai veterans (I'm pretty sure I've fought against some online though).

Damn, I always get Yari Ashigaru vets and Bow Ashigaru vets and there was an instance where my Katana Veterens held an entire flank against 400+ Opponents. Still no Vets

Its damn annoying but you can get katana vets,i have 4,one of them named killbill has over 20 attack and massive defence with a couple of retainers.
    The Idea to get them is to make all the cheap units in your army vets and then only the expensive ones can vet up.

Try winning a battle with an army solely consisting of Katana Samurai.

:3

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    I don't know. I've had some weird choices for veteran units. Bow Ashigaru are seemingly impossible to veteran. I've had multiple games where they've had the highest kills of my army and instead I got a veteran spear or loan sword. The most egregious to me was when a unit of Bow Ashigaru didn't lose one man out of their 120 man unit but killed 179 enemy. I have gotten a veteran Bow Samurai, as well a couple Yari Samurai. Veteranship seems to favor melee, although no I don't have any Katana Samurai veterans (I'm pretty sure I've fought against some online though).
    for some reason i got bow ashigaru vets after my third mp battle. I want katanas too.

I'd like CA or someone to explain the games logic in picking Veteran units. It would also be cool (although probably improbable) for veteran statistics (like Men Killed, battles won/lost, etc.) to be seen.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

I'd like CA or someone to explain the games logic in picking Veteran units. It would also be cool (although probably improbable) for veteran statistics (like Men Killed, battles won/lost, etc.) to be seen.
    Yeah id love some vet history would really really add to the feel.

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstar View Post
    Try winning a battle with an army solely consisting of Katana Samurai.

:3
    Done that, still no vets.

It's pretty effective btw. :p
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

Veteranship seems to favor melee,.
    My experience is the opposite. My only upgraded units are ashigaru bowmen. Probably because I suck and my melee units get destroyed in 2 seconds.

I seem to only be getting bow / spear melee veterans.

Also is anyone else having their avatar's body guard go up in rank but not get points / be able to spend clan tokens on them?

The avatars body guard don't level up in the same way as your other troops (they level up as your avatar does and you spend your points on the avatar screen)

I initially had a great deal of trouble leveling units up into veteran units (except for yari ashigaru/loan swordsmen), however, as i've filled out my vet. units list i've started to pick up other veteran units yari cavalry, katana cavalry, samurai archers and spearmen.

I seemed to start to vet. the units once all of my lower level troops were already veterans.

ive had no issue getting vet katana samurai, you just have to use them. But i am feeling the same way with no-dachi samurai i cant get a vet with them at all.

It was ing difficult to get a vet Great Guard cav unit for me, and so far i havent got any vet samuris, but i guess the best way is to send your smauri into a bunch of archers or yari and they should get plenty of kills.

I think units need to gain about 1000xp to become veterens, which equates to about 400 kills for a great guard, 100/200 for loan sword arigashi, so i would assume your samuri units needs to get between 200 and 400 kills to become a vet.
    My friend you would not tell with such high zest
    To children ardent for some desperate glory,
    The old lie. Dulce et decorum est
    Pro patria mori.

-Wilfred Owen-

I have so many Bow Ashigaru veteran, but no Yari Cav.

I'm a sad panda

it wouldnt be on amount of kills as unit sizes change depending on army size in MM.I cant get vet matchlocks for the life of me,i really want to get fire by rank and want to see if its a vet upgrade.Any one got a vet matchlock yet?

I have loan swords and yari cav almost exclusively.
    Judging from all the posts of this thread, it really depends on your playstyle, everybody gets different vet units.
    Yeah bushranger, I saw a vid with Kocmoc having ML vets.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by bushranger View Post
    it wouldnt be on amount of kills as unit sizes change depending on army size in MM.I cant get vet matchlocks for the life of me,i really want to get fire by rank and want to see if its a vet upgrade.Any one got a vet matchlock yet?
    Im pretty sure it is based on the amount of kills, the numbers i came up with are based on the large units i think (whichever settings have 60 in a yari cav).

The required kills to get a vet is different for all units, and scale up or down based on a specific units size to kills to xp ratio (probably could of been worded better but i hope u get the picture)

If i'm wrong then what does gain a unit XP? Capturing cps? Routing units? Surving a battle? It seems only logicle it is based on kills like it has in every other total war game.
    My friend you would not tell with such high zest
    To children ardent for some desperate glory,
    The old lie. Dulce et decorum est
    Pro patria mori.

-Wilfred Owen-

Quote Originally Posted by The Bobba-Job View Post
    Im pretty sure it is based on the amount of kills, the numbers i came up with are based on the large units i think (whichever settings have 60 in a yari cav).

The required kills to get a vet is different for all units, and scale up or down based on a specific units size to kills to xp ratio (probably could of been worded better but i hope u get the picture)

If i'm wrong then what does gain a unit XP? Capturing cps? Routing units? Surving a battle? It seems only logicle it is based on kills like it has in every other total war game.
    Hmm maybe.Unit losses seem to have a effect on XP(in SP anyway)also a good charge or killing a gen or high value target by flanking.Maybe thats why the cheap units keep getting vet,because it's easier for them to punch above there weight.