Thread: suggestion for new wall structure

Default suggestion for new wall structure

happy that LT is doing things well in 6.0 . Here i got a little suggestion for the wall structure :

1) can it be made that the wall is at least 2 unit depth ( meaning like sword hoplites can stand to the frontest side of a wall defending from invaders from seigh ladders or towers while archers can stand behind the sword hoplites to fire arrows.....just like in the movie lord of the rings : two towers when rohan was defending thier wall in helms deep) this would be more chanlanging for players

2) can wall entrances (those tiny holes under the wall) be sheild up like locked from invaders who broke through the main gates while defenders can still fight on the walls ( or make a small wodden gate to the wall entrance and can be destryed by any infantry (except archers)with no need of extra seigh weapons just by clicking infary on it and let soldiers use swords or spears to pinch through the little gate in the wall entrance which needs a extra peroid of time to break it.....this makes the invaders chose weather to kill all the resistance on the walls which is much harder now or march straight to the town centre and leetting the defenders chose weather to put all force on wall or town centre or split half on both ) this makes seigh more dramtic i think

3) can balistas or catapults be built on top of walls ( something like the game strong hold ) ....but maybe not a good idea since it can be a invaders nightmare

4) not about walls .....can siegh towers add more fire resistence ? ( just asking)

thanks for LTS work hope 6.0 kicks ass !!!

anymore suggestuions ?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

1). You can do this by dragging out your units along the wall
    2). Impossible
    3). Impossible
    4). Don't think so
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

=E.T='s Avatar Civis

4) not about walls .....can siege towers add more fire resistance ? ( just asking)

Its possible to do.

AVE!
    ................................................................. =E.T=

1). You can do this by dragging out your units along the wall

but if u are in huge setting......thats inpossiable ...the walls arent even long enough in one section .....and its pointless since the line for close combat infantry on the wall is too thin....it will be cut through like butter with a hot knife by the invaders with seigh towers,,,,,thats why im asking if the walls can be made thicker in depth so that at leat two full units can be puted in the same wall section

Merged double post. Please use the edit button next time. - Trajan

two full units can be puted in the same wall section one behind another i mean
    Last edited by Trajan; February 09, 2006 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate double post.

Yes walls can be made bigger, but that is 3Dmax work and NO ONE has done this yet, so I doubt it will happen anytime soon. BTW it does STOP them. lol In RTW they had the wonderful Idea of puching your units back so if you do what you propose they will just be pushed to their deaths. lol Best way is normal sections that have ladders place 2 ranks thick of melee and then 2-3 ranks thick archers or javelin.

On Tower being more fire resistant, that isnt that good because they already a pretty tough, Rams I fixed and did this with because they became useless, but towers still can make it to the walls, UNLESS firepower is focused on them by archers. Anyway in SPQR 6.0 the AI builds lots of LADDERS, TOWERS and Rams. ;-)
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

oh i see....but i still hope that can happen..( also because the unit movment on walls or so unefficent and sometimes causeing comand errors due of lack of space on walls)....anyone could help ?

i think thats due to the 1.5 patch(the lots of siege equipmet) cos i was playin vanilla and they had 10+ siege equipment. btw, i dont the defender on the wall ever push the ladders or at least prevent ppl from getting off the ladder onto the wall

I agree the ladders were meant to be burned also but werent added to the game. Wierd really because the ladders are the most serious threat, you can burn the rams, towers, even sap tunnels, but not the ladders. When they come you know they will get to the walls. :-(
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004