Thread: Bl--dy Steam!

Default Bl--dy Steam!

Been playing NapoleonER very happily for the almost last year, always in (Steam) offline mode, so as not to let Steam automatically update the game and break the mods . NER v7.6, with NTF v3.37 installed, plus a couple of other compatible mods.

Foolishly I downloaded Shogun2 Demo, just to have a look. Of course Steam then carried on to update Napoleon. And guess what? Napoleon NER wouldn't work at all. Tried all sorts to get the NER mod installed again, plus the NTF mod, but with no luck.

Having to resort to completely uninstalling Napoleon. Re-installing and then trying to put the NER mod on again. 7.6 does not work, I think. Not been able to get v8.0 to work either yet. Also can't get the NTFv3.4 to work properly either.

Wish I'd never ever heard of Steam.
    Win10 64bit
    Intel Core i7 3770K/3.5 GHz.
    Asus P8Z77-V Pro
    Corsair PC1333 16 Gb
    Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

"Now Maitland, now's your time!
    Stand up Guards!
    Make ready,
    Fire!"

Default Re: Bl--dy Steam!

Maybe get the new version of the mods you want...
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Bl--dy Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by rbbane View Post
    Been playing NapoleonER very happily for the almost last year, always in (Steam) offline mode, so as not to let Steam automatically update the game and break the mods . NER v7.6, with NTF v3.37 installed, plus a couple of other compatible mods.

Foolishly I downloaded Shogun2 Demo, just to have a look. Of course Steam then carried on to update Napoleon. And guess what? Napoleon NER wouldn't work at all. Tried all sorts to get the NER mod installed again, plus the NTF mod, but with no luck.

Having to resort to completely uninstalling Napoleon. Re-installing and then trying to put the NER mod on again. 7.6 does not work, I think. Not been able to get v8.0 to work either yet. Also can't get the NTFv3.4 to work properly either.

Wish I'd never ever heard of Steam.
    And NTW vanilla works after re-installation? That is basis-requirement for the mods.
    And you really should make Steam its work (the online updating), and if the game still seems to make any issues, use the game verifier of Steam, also remove the NTW folder where the scripts folders etc. are located (they'll generate automatically if you run the game again).

If vanilla works properly, you should also be able to play every current mods on it, of course also NER 0.8 or 0.76 patch-compatibility version.

There is no plausable explanation that it couldn't work.
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 18, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.