Ok folks, we have two sets of animations out now, and I'm starting the task of replacing my old vanilla unit skeletons with new ones. I'm working from SigniferOne and EB's beta animations pack, and I'm planning to do a composite build for myself (have done a partial already.) So, what do folks thing are the best choices from these two packs for various things? I'm using SigniferOne's as the base and adding in EB animations to fill gaps.

Gladius units: I'm starting with SigniferOnes's appropriate speed gladius skeletons. Like the effect so far.

Barbarian swordsmen: I'm starting with SigniferOne's appropriate barbswordsman skeletons. Like the effect so far.

Druids: Hmmm...these are sickle swords. Would S1's barbswordsman model be best? Or EB's? Both are the slashing types, eliminating the inappropriate thrusting attack.

Single Handed Axemen and Screeching Women: Should these be barbswordsman models as well? (So they will stop thrusting with their axes/meat cleavers. Yes, I know, nobody wants to see the screeching women much on the field anyway.)

Bastarnae: Another candidate for barbswordsman models? (Since little stabbing to be done with rhomphaia?)

Pila carriers...EB has fs_pilum...not sure what to make of that...use it in place of the fs_javelinman models but only for precursor units? Really not sure how to implement it properly. Will it work decently with S1's javelinmen mods...anyone tried this combo?

Dagger units? Haven't decided how I want to approach this yet...need to look at these individually I suppose.

Falcata/maraicha/kopis units: Perhaps EB's barb sword skeletons with 7:2 ratio? (I'm not sure how to combine this one with S1's animations though.)

Hoplites: I'm still considering S1's overhand hoplite for a few, but it forces abandonment of the phalanx formation. Looks nice...but the lack of formation cohesion is a problem for it in RTW (might work well in BI with shieldwall.) I might do this for the German spear warband.

Phalangites: EB's two handed pike animations for phalanx look great...but the vanilla models have the shield on their hand rather than at the elbow...so without doing mods to all the models this ends up looking strange (if only CA had worked this out, oh well.)

My own mods using existing models:
Chariot javelinmen: I'm using the built in fs_chariot_javelinmen from the 1.3/1.5 patch--not sure if S1's jav mods apply. Might try the EB seated chariot rider for the barbarian chariots.

Elephant javelinmen: I'm using S1's fs_s1_forest_elephant_javelinrider. Only problem is the model I have tapped for the job has shield and a clutch of javs in that hand...poses a problem for the mahout.

Haven't even gotten to considering the archers and cav units yet.