Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mod to stop AI from spawning units instantly when out of your line of sight

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Mod to stop AI from spawning units instantly when out of your line of sight

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    It could be that the CAI can replace units with others. So they build Ashigaru and these get "magically" replaced by samurai. Would explain why the AI has no unit caps. Because I really wonder what CDIR_DESIRE_UNIT_BALANCER_ARMY and CDIR_DESIRE_FORCE_MINIMUM_UNIT_BALANCE_REQUIREMENTS_ARMY mean in the code. Of course the balancing desires could also mean forcing certain unit choices while recruiting. I guess we have to simply disable all that stuff and see what happens.
    Exactly what i also wondered about as i viewed these files/codes. I'm 100 % sure the AI is coded to compete with its enemies or potencial enemies ... so there is a lot logic in it, if it can replace low quality units with high quality, actually this would be a "bug" for any balancing efforts, and by CA an exagerated way to provide a capable AI.

More info by CA could help here ... . Of course "wild testing" is a way as well, but time consuming.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 21, 2011 at 04:37 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Default Re: Mod to stop AI from spawning units instantly when out of your line of sight

Sorry if this has been covered already as I've only read the first few pages and the last one but if the devs say the AI doesn't spawn stacks, which I don't believe, then how do they earn so much more experience than I do for their troops?

I'm play as the Date on normal and while Oda have taken over a large area it's around the size mine is and I've only been using a single stack the entire time I've been conquering. So when the Oda appear with a full max rank stack I really have to question if the devs aren't just a bunch of lying s.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifel View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered already as I've only read the first few pages and the last one but if the devs say the AI doesn't spawn stacks, which I don't believe, then how do they earn so much more experience than I do for their troops?

I'm play as the Date on normal and while Oda have taken over a large area it's around the size mine is and I've only been using a single stack the entire time I've been conquering. So when the Oda appear with a full max rank stack I really have to question if the devs aren't just a bunch of lying s.
    Two reasons why this might happen.

1st : the AI might have higher level buildings and technologies relating to specific units. I know with a 3rd / legendary tier horse school you can instantly make level 5-6 cavalry. I also know that most the Sword and Spear techs give +1 experience to recruits of their specific mastery's.

2nd : Ive found that using auto resolve gives my troops far more experience than actually playing battles. Even if i pull out a heroic victory , auto resolve generally gives more exp. It also spreads losses out fairly evenly, so you don't take a heavy replenishment on any one specific unit , which means it degenerates its level less.

I've read the thread from beginning to end and I just don't understand something. Would someone who doesn't believe in the A.I. explain to me how Tim_Ward's evidence on page 6 isn't irrefutable proof? I tried the same experiment, scouting the island after many turns and I got the same results. If you don't believe you can do the same experiment. Why does it seem like people simply don't want to believe the A.I. cheats? If you can beat the cheating A.I. it doesn't make you any less of a good player.

Sorry to bump this, but I still believe AI keeps getting free units under Hard/Very Hard/Legendary difficulties. However after applying the DX11 patch, it seems that the MOD no longer works. Could anyone please teach me how to make it work after the DX11 patch?

Just want to say something AI loves to hide their armies they don't usually leave their army inside their fortresses they hide it.
    They usually build a unit in every province they own and when you fight any army may it be full or one unit it still give the same
    amount of experience for the general. I do see AI bride armies.

@hfbrooklyn AI armies do get free chevrons but not phantom armies.

Glad my topic is still going since I made it around the time the game first came out.

That said, if you bother to do actual, in depth testing and include all variables (As I explained more than once in my posts) you can see that AI armies do get spawned, free units, even on normal. And the mod that was released definitely lessens/eliminates this.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Frei View Post
    Glad my topic is still going since I made it around the time the game first came out.

That said, if you bother to do actual, in depth testing and include all variables (As I explained more than once in my posts) you can see that AI armies do get spawned, free units, even on normal. And the mod that was released definitely lessens/eliminates this.

Except they dont only the ashikaga does. If you want to challenge this ill sendf you a pm with a now fog of war mod and you can check .

Default My opinion

I just wanted to throw in my vote that I think the AI spawns magic stacks also. I was playing as the Tokugawa on Hard difficulty and I was at war with the Ikko Ikki who only had 1 province. They would send a full stack or near it down to me and I'd beat it, beat another near full stack, and turn after turn they would send full stacks down from their SINGLE province. I'm not going to mention how experienced they were since we all know they get free exp, but EVEN IF they had just been hiding in the woods the whole time, the AI DID NOT have the income to support even half of the troops that must have been hiding there that whole time. Now granted I didn't have an army of agents sitting in there so he had some FOW to spawn these stacks in, once I put agents in there this stopped happening.

Now I know that the AI gets a boost to its economy on hard, but it should not be anywhere near that large. Not when I own like 4 provinces and have trouble supporting 3 stacks and this guy has 1 province and has no problem supporting (theoretically, if he's not magic stack spawning) like 4 full stacks. Like people said before it takes away totally the satisfaction of fighting a very hard battle and routing a large army through hard work and skill when 2 turns later he's going to come back at you with a bigger stack from out of nowhere, and my army won't be resupplied for like 4 more turns.

Quote Originally Posted by russelcoight View Post
    Two reasons why this might happen.

1st : the AI might have higher level buildings and technologies relating to specific units. I know with a 3rd / legendary tier horse school you can instantly make level 5-6 cavalry. I also know that most the Sword and Spear techs give +1 experience to recruits of their specific mastery's.

2nd : Ive found that using auto resolve gives my troops far more experience than actually playing battles. Even if i pull out a heroic victory , auto resolve generally gives more exp. It also spreads losses out fairly evenly, so you don't take a heavy replenishment on any one specific unit , which means it degenerates its level less.
    with legendary dojo's and a citadel, fully mastered bushido/chi art you can recruit a max of 5 units per turn. (5 monks, 5 katana cavalry, 5 naginata samurai etc etc. suspect ashigaru have 6per turn. didnt test ashigaru tho).

Now, take ikko ikki. Their provinces as a T3 castle as most (3 construct slots) and T2 dojo's if lucky.
    They have 3 full army stacks, i kill them. 3-4 turns later they come with another 3 full stacks. rince and repeat. oh yea, their stacks was a mix of ronin/ashigaru and they had 4 provinces.
    Explain me how thats possible oh and final note: i removed my agents and got fog of war again to check the "cheating". (provinces held by them was omi, owari, north/south shinano)
    Test was done on a easy diff. set campaign. No mods. Imagine legendary >.>

The AI definitely cheat.

Is the + 1 recruitment slot per province? I am sort of amazed by the full samurai stacks at turn 20 that the 3 factions i border with send every 5 turns. wish i could afford it

I recently found out that AI, while it can not spawn units, it can convert existing units into better ones. For example it can convert a ashigaru unit into a samurai one. While playing Mogami I was attacked by a Date stack at around turn 10. The Date army consisted of many samurai units and onyl one ashigaru unit. Most of thes samurai units had no improved weapons icon, which means they were not recruited in Dates province, which has the smithy speciality from the start. Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    I recently found out that AI, while it can not spawn units, it can convert existing units into better ones. For example it can convert a ashigaru unit into a samurai one. While playing Mogami I was attacked by a Date stack at around turn 10. The Date army consisted of many samurai units and onyl one ashigaru unit. Most of thes samurai units had no improved weapons icon, which means they were not recruited in Dates province, which has the smithy speciality from the start. Go figure...
    for complete confirm this i would sugest test with disabled sword dojo for every factions(for isolate possible bribery). i woud do this but i really not near good with pfm yet

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Can i suggest you try setting the following in cdir_configs to 0 then Yarkis. CDIR_CVN_UNIT_UPGRADER_MOBILE_ARMY_ALLOWED (and the others).

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Can i suggest you try setting the following in cdir_configs to 0 then Yarkis. CDIR_CVN_UNIT_UPGRADER_MOBILE_ARMY_ALLOWED (and the others).
    Actually, its CDIR_DESIRE_UNIT_BALANCER_ARMY and
    CDIR_DESIRE_FORCE_MINIMUM_UNIT_BALANCE_REQUIREMENTS_ARMY in cdir_desire_priorities that seem to control that behaviour. I had set them to O for the main campaign in TROM3 already, but not for the tutorial campaign. Thats why I stumpled over it when I played Mogami in the tutorial campaign.

may be this is causing the archer spam that no one were able to get ride ? or units convert only to a similar type of unit

CDIR_DESIRE_UNIT_UPGRADER_ARMY
    CDIR_DESIRE_XP_UNIT_UPGRADER_ARMY

i think that both influence the super xp armies and samurais from nowhere armies. ill change both values to 0 and then ill tell you how it works, maybe im wrong, but ill never know if i dont test it

Quote Originally Posted by Davidus Pertinax View Post
    CDIR_DESIRE_UNIT_UPGRADER_ARMY
    CDIR_DESIRE_XP_UNIT_UPGRADER_ARMY

i think that both influence the super xp armies and samurais from nowhere armies. ill change both values to 0 and then ill tell you how it works, maybe im wrong, but ill never know if i dont test it
    well after 25 turns of testing with date, basically turtling. expeting an attack from mogami, well they did it with a full stack with 13 katana samurais i note that they havent any xp and were recruit from uzen, due the morale bonus. i think the solution its to limit the samurai units that the IA can recruit, i dont know how to do it and i dont know it that can be done.

I've seen it do it.
    On higher settings like very hard, yes why not.

But on Normal settings it does make the game unrealistic, and unplayable.

I had Takeda beat. They had two provinces left.

I had half a stack and was pressing on , and low and behold two stacks appear, one full with three generals, one half with two generals.

I just switched it off.

(I had it set on Normal and was playing Date)

This Happens as Well in "Easy" Mode, Say u got 31 Provinces Captured... Only ones left are Ikki Ikko ,Takeda And Yours Eusegi, And then all the Sudden after ur turn ends... You have Been declared War Upon you... by all provinces "Without capturing Kyoto".... and then right after the Message Board BAM..... the AI stacks up Unit of 6* Generals Unto ur Town/Citadels Stacked up.... seriously.... WTF ...