Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mod to stop AI from spawning units instantly when out of your line of sight

Default Re: Mod to stop AI from spawning units instantly when out of your line of sight

I'll play a new Hard campaign with this and see how the AI copes. Yarkis baby, saving Shogun2 one day at a time.

Default Re: Mod to stop AI from spawning units instantly when out of your line of sight

Quote Originally Posted by hermpes View Post
    This I do not understand and would explain why I can never eliminate a clan through assassination.
    The daimyo's "cousin" becomes the daimyo if you assassinate the family. Also can't the wife become daimyo as well? I thought I saw that somewhere...
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

It's not just that, the spawn thing also spawns generals and the AI is quick to adopt them if the original members are killed. Plenty of the AI's Sons and Heirs in my campaign don't carry the original clan name.

Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    It's not just that, the spawn thing also spawns generals and the AI is quick to adopt them if the original members are killed. Plenty of the AI's Sons and Heirs in my campaign don't carry the original clan name.
    Ya know, I had never thought about that. In my last game I was killing off all of the daimiyo and heirs and they already seem to have more. I was saying to myself how busy he must of been, but this is more likely....

Hi, i've tested this mod for past two days and i can say that it changes the game in positive way. The AI stops spawning units and starts using the free money it gets on units that are awailable in provinces. Now if you have a major fight you know that it is decisive and there will be now "hidden" army waiting for you. Of course when you will march to take one of computer controlled province the AI will spend money on units and defend the province. In my opinion the game now works as it should.

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Sam100 View Post
    Hi, i've tested this mod for past two days and i can say that it changes the game in positive way. The AI stops spawning units and starts using the free money it gets on units that are awailable in provinces. Now if you have a major fight you know that it is decisive and there will be now "hidden" army waiting for you. Of course when you will march to take one of computer controlled province the AI will spend money on units and defend the province. In my opinion the game now works as it should.
    Glad to hear that. What difficulty did you play at ?

Brilliant! Hope it works for me, too. I was so frustrated today by this I'm really happy this mod already exists.

This is why we need to be able to toggle FOW off/on, to check this stuff. Come on CA....

Boba93 I play on normal.

Alan.rio's Avatar Libertus

I started a new campaign with this mod last night and I very happy with it so far. There AI are less agressive, simply because they don't have masses of troops to throw at you and now you don't have to attempt to maintain a massive garrison in each fort.

To be honest, when I realized they were just magically spawning in armies it took all the joy out of the game. A well fought victory meant nothing, because I knew that they would just pop in another army soon. Now if you win a victory it means something.

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    I've noticed generals, mysteriously appear in a stack deep in my lands even after I killed off the one it already had but I've never seen units insta-spawn though, but it wouldn't surprise me. If so, it is probably a quick way to 'help' the AI if they are having a difficult time. And again if so, then there would most likely be mods that addresses this and balances it out further. Unit-spawning AI ain't much fun, in any game.
    I don't like this "help" the AI gets. Some more realistic bonuses for the AI, like War Fervour, for which the AI can produce units quicker (but they still have to build them), or bonuses for it's economy so it can build more units, like some bonus the player gets. The player doesn't get a bonus like "Buddhist Magic" or something in which he/she can summon armies. This is still "help" but not completely objectionable help in which only a God could give. Letting those bonuses be available for the AI and not insta-spam would be an awesome mod!

Ok IMO this mod should be changed a little. Without this extra units the AI is to easy to beat (normal dificulty level). It does not make enough units ! The units it makes are largely ashigaru and samurai with katanas and bows. I think this mod should allow spawning of the units but something like one unit per turn. I don't know how it os on hard and very hard but this shows how CA ** up with this.

Sam100: Why should the AI be allowed to spawn extra units to make the game hard enough? It's so unrealistic. Why can't they produce them in their towns like the player does? Economic bonuses should be enough of a cheat for the AI...
    Try playing on a harder campaign difficulty than Normal.

Yeah, Normal shouldn't be that hard, but Hard (playing as Hojo with this mod) sure is hard.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Ok ok but the AI on normal difficulty level should be able to recruit also other units. Not just ashigaru. On Hard it can do that with this mod ?

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

I started a campaign with Shimazu on hard, and this mod really works, but now the AI is really weak. No clan has ever declared war on me as now they think they are not strong enough to fight me, so the game became boring again. I guess we need to increase the AI economic bonuses so that they can recruit more units but realistically. What do you guyz think ?

Registered to give some feedback on this on VH/VH.

Overview:
    I believe the mod works well in the beginning but may have some leaks in the later stages or oversight for some clans

Playing as Uesugi = Early stages, mod working as intended. No complains

Turn 20: seeing stacks of several 4 chevron katana & yari samurai for Takeda (noted they do have the facilities to build them in Northern Shinano)

Turn 24: Satake has 3/4 stack with 3 -4 yari samurai & 4 bow samurai

Satake only has 2 - 3 provinces (fluctuates) - unclear on facilities available

Turn 35: Wiped out Takeda, but seeing 2 full stacks of 4 chevron yari & bow samurai for Hojo, with some naginata, low ashigaru % (eg: 14 samurai, 4 ashigaru, 2 generals)

Hojo has 3 provinces. Capital has the facilities to build the above stacks, but am unaware whether it is possible for anyone to build full stacks of 4 chevron samurai by turn 35

Countering the above perceived 'leaks' by sending out more agents to clear up fog of war.

Disclaimer:
    This is my first real continuous playthrough of Shogun 2 though, as I have had many failed starts on Legendary and haven't even completed one play through with any clan. So, the above may be normal and not a result of 'instant' spawn. Personally, do not believe AI is able to get 4 chevrons in such numbers at these # of turns. Feel free to correct me.

Improvement feedback:
    I believe the Creator's idea of adding more recruitment slots for the AI in harder difficulties will up the challenge when playing with this mod. Playing with the mod, the AI still presents a challenge but is not able to take full advantage of its economic might to produce enough units to regroup, once the player successfully wipes out its armies.

'Instant' spawn is not the answer as it takes away any logistics in building up a new army. Adding more freedom to recruit adds to the challenge and does not feel like outright 'cheating'

I think this thread is retarded. If you think the enemy magicly spawns armies while out of your sight then put ninja, metsuke, and monks in his territory and it wont happen? Or play on easy so that the ai doesnt have to cheat against you to be hard.

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by OmniJackal View Post
    I think this thread is retarded. If you think the enemy magicly spawns armies while out of your sight then put ninja, metsuke, and monks in his territory and it wont happen? Or play on easy so that the ai doesnt have to cheat against you to be hard.
    Really ? then I need an army of ninjas, metsuke and monks, don't I ?

Or just play on easy so that the AI doesnt have to cheat to beat you, like I said on the post you quoted. Bravo for selective listening.