Thread: SPQR scare!

Default SPQR scare!

It is the year 243 B.C. and I'm playing as the Julii. Everythings good there. The question is this,
    All of the SPQR's army( I mean 3 full stacks :sweatingb )is centered around my capitol city of Ariminum. According to the Senate Popularity poll the senators love me. I'm just wondering why the senate has sent its surounded my proud capitol.

turtle's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by scottishranger
    It is the year 243 B.C. and I'm playing as the Julii. Everythings good there. The question is this,
    All of the SPQR's army( I mean 3 full stacks :sweatingb )is centered around my capitol city of Ariminum. According to the Senate Popularity poll the senators love me. I'm just wondering why the senate has sent its surounded my proud capitol.
    I have the same dileama. I doubt they are trying to do anything to you though.

Are the gauls close by, sometimes the senate armies will move out to help you out with the gauls... if they get too close for the senates comfort.

I think it is pretty much imposible for the senate to attack you anyway, unless you are outlawed or something

Well the Gauls do have a full stack at Bononia(sp) which has been a painful thorn in my side for the whole game. But why should they move their whole army, leaving Rome defenceless ?

Take advantage of it! Sneak around and attack the defenceless Rome!

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by scottishranger

Don't worry in SPQR 6 we will have diplomats back. I'll just buy them off no matter what the cost. In the mean time don't expand to much and wait for the reforms to kick in before you launch a civil war.

Freddie some nations wont let you buy them off in 6.0, that old trick doesnt work well at all With SOME factions. Others it does.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

Should work nicely with Gaul.. Historicly the gauls were bought into killing themselves from time to time..

Would be neat if you made them ownable by rome.. Instead of mercs you just buy a 'tribal' army away from the gauls and use thier own troops against them,
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

Problem is gameplay, gauls need to be hard on the romans, as they are the northern border. There is no way to really make this game historical. lol It just not done the way it would need to be in order for that.

Also SPQR will start off with Legions not Praetorians in 6.0, but they may decide to build Praetorians later. But the legions are standard imperial legions the Senate starts out with.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    Problem is gameplay, gauls need to be hard on the romans, as they are the northern border. There is no way to really make this game historical. lol It just not done the way it would need to be in order for that.

Also SPQR will start off with Legions not Praetorians in 6.0, but they may decide to build Praetorians later. But the legions are standard imperial legions the Senate starts out with.

Lt
    Lt, do you think you could open a thread to tell about the Roman Units? Kind of like a faction preview?

Adnan