Thread: Number of turns per season

Default Number of turns per season

Total War's time limits have always made me feel constrained somehow. Though I think in the domination campaign you have 225 turns or something, it just doesn't feel like it's enough. I like long games and taking my time. Would it be possible to change the number of turns per season to 2 or so? I'm fairly certain everything operates on a turn-by-turn basis, instead of a seasonal basis, so it shouldn't affect any income or build times, right?

Default Re: Number of turns per season

Yes that would be nice. Or a Mod with Startdate 1500 in stead of 1545 would make things mutch better in my opinion.

im looking for help into this as well, i knew how to edit the stuff like number of turns and how long it takes and costs to build something in medII(never did anything in empire) so is there anything like the unpacking of the data pack that had all those files so that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Spartan II View Post
    Total War's time limits have always made me feel constrained somehow. Though I think in the domination campaign you have 225 turns or something, it just doesn't feel like it's enough. I like long games and taking my time. Would it be possible to change the number of turns per season to 2 or so? I'm fairly certain everything operates on a turn-by-turn basis, instead of a seasonal basis, so it shouldn't affect any income or build times, right?
    Take a look at this thread;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428754

Hi, I have some question about .esf file. After I unpacked the calendar.esf, edited to make 1 month turn and saved as a movie pack, I could not get it to work ingame. I even try to make it a mod pack and write users.script, yet no luck. Anyone know if there is any other thing I should to make this calendar.esf mod to work

Quote Originally Posted by langtutheky View Post
    Hi, I have some question about .esf file. After I unpacked the calendar.esf, edited to make 1 month turn and saved as a movie pack, I could not get it to work ingame. I even try to make it a mod pack and write users.script, yet no luck. Anyone know if there is any other thing I should to make this calendar.esf mod to work
    I wonder if there is a script allowing to modify turns per season solely by scripting. Something like (don't laugh) set_turn_season_4, or set_turn_year_12.
    Me is Caesar
    Me no care
    Me go recruit
    a legionnaire
    If he die
    Me no cry
    Me go recruit
    another guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    I wonder if there is a script allowing to modify turns per season solely by scripting. Something like (don't laugh) set_turn_season_4, or set_turn_year_12.
    I have successfully moded and release 1 month/ turn if this is what you are looking for