Thread: Siege problem

Default Siege problem

So this has only happened to me once, but I remember reading in here someone else also having this problem. I searched for it to post but couldnt find it so I made a new topic. Now, I was defending a 1 teared fort. The enemy sent their whole army in a 3 pronged attacked with reinforcements coming. My army was badly damaged, but I managed to rout the first army. The 2nd army, or reinforcements, then stood at the north end of the map with their general running back and forth and back and forth around this one mountain peak. I put the game on 4x then waited 15 minutes game time. Still nothing. I moved my whole army out.... still just kept running back and forth. I finally engaged and they seemed to snap out of whatever sort of trance they were in and then I killed the rest of them. This was very frustrating and If i didnt approach them the battle would have timed out. This is clearly an AI glitch. I would also like to add that this was the first battle I charged my cavalry out. I charged them out at the begenning of the battle to attack some undefended archers. At this time the 2nd army was sitting by the mountain peak. I do not know if my horse attack effected them in anyway, but it was the first time I did that and the only time the glitch happened. Well anyone with this or a similar glitch, post it here.

Default Re: Siege problem

As the title is "Siege problem", I've chosen to post it here.

I attacked a city that had an army within reinforcement distance. Took the city and won the battle. The reinforcing army (enemy) withdrew. As soon as I closed the victory battle summary box I was presented with a new battle at the city. When I loaded it, I'm attacking again - the same city I just won. It has fresh garrison, a new fresh General from thin air, and the reinforcing army joined in again. My army was the same abttered one that took the city 10 minutes before.

All of this happened in my turn.

Needless to say, I lost the second assault against the ghosts of defeated foes.