Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPQR succession campaign

turtle's Avatar Ordinarius

Default SPQR succession campaign

There is a thread currently dedicated to a succession campaign using rtw 1.2. I wanted to do the same thing, except using a fun mod that isn't as lame as vanilla 1.2. If anyone is interested in doing this succession campaign here are the requirements and rules.

IF ANYONE HAS QUESTIONS, RECOMENDATIONS, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIZM OR ANY COMMENTS AT ALL, PLEASE POST AND I WILL ACCOMODATE ALL WISHES AS MUCH AS I CAN. AND ANY OF MY MODS ARE UP FOR DEBATE AS TO WHEATHER PEOPLE WANT THEM IN THE CAMPAIGN OR NOT. CUZ I DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO PLAY SOMETHING THEY WILL HATE IN THE END.

UPDATE: SPQR 6.0 is officially out. I have been playing the heck out of this game and modded everything that I did in 5.0. I'm not quite ready to start the succession campaign quite yet, but I will very soon (probably the first Tuesday in March).

Version Running
    Rome Total War 1.2 --> 1.3 --> 1.5

Mod Running
    SPQR 6.0 -- download at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44066

My modifications(makes game more challenging and funner) -- I will email each person the necesary files, once the campaign gets going (don't worry, all of this is very stable)

RULES
    1- I will start the campaign
    2- We pass the game on after your kings rule is over (once king dies)
    3- No cheats
    4- To pass game, just email each other your saved game file.... I will take care of the rest of the files needed to be transfered (my mods)
    5- Back-up saved game file (as well as any other files I transfer you) prior to transfering to next player to prevent any problems.
    6- If possible, try and name a faction heir that will be fairly young at the end of your rein, but the heir should still be a good one (this will enable each player to get maximal time for play)

Update Template
    Previous Faction Leader---- name
    Current Faction Leader---- name
    Year Born---- year
    Year Died---- year
    Cities captured---- name of cities
    Cities Lost---- name of cities
    Battles Won---- number
    Battles lost---- number
    Senate Missions completed---- number
    Senate Missions failed---- number

Summary: write summary(be as descriptive as you know how), screen shots appreaciated

My Mods Descript
    (haven't written any down and, but will update if I remember anything)

export_desc_unit file changes
    Made parthian cav good. Beware
    Sarmatian cav good.
    On the steps, there is a nice surprise if you go up there.
    Brittains woads are very fierce indeed
    The german infantry are awsome, be carefull
    gaul isn't changed much, except cav (made weaker/stronger)
    Carthage is same situation as gaul, but cav is just made stronger and added disciplined to their morale
    Greeks spartans are totaly hardcore
    cretan archers weaker in melee, but stronger at bows. I gave them the ap stat.
    Macedon isn't changed(same as carth, and gaul)
    Dacian and Thracian falxmen are good.
    Egypt is pretty much the same, but I made them a little more imune to the heat of the desert.
    Pontus is the same as well, but didn't change any desert stats
    Armenia is same, but I made their cataphracts weaker, compared to Parthias. (I made it so parthia and armenia have cataphract horses with different stats....parthias are better)
    Another thing I changed that takes away from the SPQR ideal is the AI unit cost and upkeep. I also increased Roman Unit cost but kept their upkeep pretty much the same. I did this to counter how much harder certain factions will be with the changes I made. It also makes each battle count. So, if you win a huge battle against someone, they will feel it and won't recover within 6 months. I know this is totally against the large amount of battles that is expected in SPQR and I will change it back if you guys want loads of battles, but beware that the units in the game are much tougher than originally thought.

I also changed the desc_mount file:
    Increased all cavalry collision mass about 2
    made cataphract horse very good, but not totaly overpowering

Misc Changes
    I added some new traits to aim for: Warrior-makes generals better in combat, Ninja-makes assasins much better
    I also changed around the senate file a bit-made consul available to 4 people instead of just two, and I made the completion prizes higher.
    Last edited by turtle; March 01, 2006 at 03:09 PM.

Arcarius's Avatar I Am Fable

sweet can i join in?
    Formerly Heilige Legioen, and the original Fable

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige Legioen
    sweet can i join in?
    Of course. I got my first recruit, cool.

Player List
    turtle
    Heilige Legioen
    Last edited by turtle; February 10, 2006 at 04:45 PM.

you should make a rule about making the faction heir a promising leader that is below 25 - 30 years of age, so that way if a player gets to play, his king won't die next turn lol.

also what faction we playing as: julii, scpii, or brutii
    Last edited by Arcarius; February 09, 2006 at 07:11 AM.

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

DELETE

you should make a rule about making the faction heir a promising leader that is below 25 - 30 years of age, so that way if a player gets to play, his king won't die next turn lol.

Dude, don't publicly tell everyone your email. PM it to him!

That sounds good, but that may not be possible all of the time. I'll add it.

Merged triple post. - Trajan

Ya, I thought about that and it would only be fair if there was a vote. But seeing as there is only two people right now. I guess we could just vote and let the newcomers deal with it.

I VOTE Julii

VOTE LIST
    Julii--------- 1

Brutii------- 0

Scipii------- 0
    Last edited by Trajan; February 10, 2006 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate triple post.

How do you "Name" your faction Heir?
    In patronicum svb lt1956

when you are looking at your family tree, you selct someone who isnt the faction heir, then at the side of the panel you will see the faction heir symbol, click that, and now the selcetd family member is the faction heir.

Quote Originally Posted by nahirean
    How do you "Name" your faction Heir?
    Do you want to play.

hey should we write a overview of our rule, so the other players know whats going on.

hey should we write a overview of our rule, so the other players know whats going on.

So, what faction did you want to play as. (roman)

Whats This? sorry if i dont know what a succession campaign is but could some one tell me?

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Meqon-Nerd
    Whats This? sorry if i dont know what a succession campaign is but could some one tell me?

I think it works like this. When your faction leader dies you have pass your saved game to someone else to play. When they die it then get emailed to the next person etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie

I think it works like this. When your faction leader dies you have pass your saved game to someone else to play. When they die it then get emailed to the next person etc.
    He is correct.

Would you guys like to join?

But, actually there is a little more that I would have to send you. (see first post)

With the news of SPQR 6.0 coming out this week, I am going to have to put this succession campaign on hold. I will update when I have sufficiently played the game.

find by me, plus i cant even play i dont have 5.0 anymore i got rid of it snice i have 6.0 early. Well tell me when you want to start.

backman's Avatar Libertus

Damn lucky guy!

I suppose this succession campaign will be delayed until Turtle has the mod installed and running

GAIUS BACKMANIUS, From Hispania.
    SPQR:TOTAL WAR FAN
    RTRPE: IMPERATOR II FAN

find by me, plus i cant even play i dont have 5.0 anymore i got rid of it snice i have 6.0 early. Well tell me when you want to start.
    I want to play 6.0 for a bit, so I probably wont start it up again for a couple of weeks at least. I am getting my computer ready for 6.0, so I can't play right now either.

are we going to start anytime soon....

I am still playing 6.0, so I don't know when we will start. Today is Tuesday the 30th. I will post again on tuesday of next week. That will give me ample time to get things ready.

Again, this is still SPQR, but I have modded it quite a bit. I didn't change the main SPQR things though, like 0 recruit time.

I also added some new traits and stuff.

We can vote as to weather you want SPQR regular or if you want to try out my mods(beware, my mods make the game much funner)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast