Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There are a lot of CTDs.

Default There are a lot of CTDs.

I've noticed a lot of CTDs. 2 CTDs when I was trying to merge fleets. Another in the middle of a naval battle and I had another I think when I tried to demolish a building. It seems like every other turn there is a CTD. I've been saving 2-3 times a turn but It is getting annoying having to reload the game so much.

I was wondering if anybody was having the same problems or if anyone knows how to fix it.

Thanks,
    Bow-wow-wow
    "The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected" - Sun Tzu

Default Re: There are a lot of CTDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow-wow-wow View Post
    I've noticed a lot of CTDs. 2 CTDs when I was trying to merge fleets. Another in the middle of a naval battle and I had another I think when I tried to demolish a building. It seems like every other turn there is a CTD. I've been saving 2-3 times a turn but It is getting annoying having to reload the game so much.

I was wondering if anybody was having the same problems or if anyone knows how to fix it.

Thanks,
    Bow-wow-wow
    I haven't had a single CTD.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    I haven't had a single CTD.
    Me either, did one full campaign and working on second. 6hrs+ of game play not one crash or error. Post up your dxdialog. Or update your video drivers.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I've yet to have a single lock up or CTD......

I've merged fleets, I've merged fleets when there are too many units to merge...

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

I thought I heard somebody saying they had similar issues. I don't know what a dxdialog is. . .
    "The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected" - Sun Tzu

Jackie Chan's Brother Wang...'s Avatar Semisalis
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

I'm getting freezing and CTDs, so you're not alone.

kentuckybandit's Avatar Ordinarius

I have had none either, but as is usual with games these days, there is always an unlucky set up or hardware that has issues at launch. I had the opposite happen to me with Red Orchestra. Played great for years and they released some minor patch that made it unplayable with my vid card, took another 6 months for them to release another one lmao. But seriously there seems to be a dichotomy here, people are either running perfect, or barely running. And since I have a 9800gt and an Intel Quad 8200 with no problems, something is wonky with the optimization.

As for Bow-wow-wow, I am also experiencing a LOT of CTDs. And I tried a lot of things but couldn't solve the problem. Let's hope there will be a patch soon.

Medina's Avatar Miles

Ive also noticed some CTDs, Ive posted one in the Bug Topic. Same weird bugs as you refer too. It could be my drivers, they are one year old.

I thought I heard somebody saying they had similar issues. I don't know what a dxdialog is. . .
    Click Start > type dxdiag > click on dxdiag > click on 'save all information' and then upload that file. You might have to put it in a ZIP archive first.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

use driver sweeper in safe mode and change drivers and see if problem persists.

yep that might mean quite a few installs..

otherwise are you monitoring temps of gpu? overclocking anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    use driver sweeper in safe mode and change drivers and see if problem persists.

yep that might mean quite a few installs..

otherwise are you monitoring temps of gpu? overclocking anything?
    Whats driver sweeper, gpu and overclocking?

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

ive had about 20 CTDs now over 2 days, infact just had one. they usually happen once i win a battle.
    You look great today.

I'm having random freezes myself, aswell as CTD's. Everything comp side is fine, definitely needs some patching. That's not to say everyone will have problems, quite a few are not, but i've noticed the game crashing/freezing when certain keys are pressed or abilities/units selected, definitely seems like an engine issue.

Guess we wait.

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

I've played nearly 15 hours so far, not a single freeze or CTD

Citizen

I'm sure many CTDs are down to the user's PC spefications and the graphic settings they are trying to get the system to handle.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    I'm sure many CTDs are down to the user's PC spefications and the graphic settings they are trying to get the system to handle.
    Do you think lowering the graphic quality in game would help?

Citizen

Do you think lowering the graphic quality in game would help?
    It's helped people in R:TW mods.

Turn down the graphics a lot and play for a while and see what happens. You clearly won't need (or want) to keep those settings but it will prove that it's graphic related rather than game related.

Unless your PC is very old dropping the graphic requirements should help.

It may be back to the days of when players had to decide if they wanted epic (large/huge unit sizes but less eye candy) or pretty (small/medium unit sizes with a lot of eye candy). I used to 'go epic' all the time.

It may be too soon to be forced to use the lower settings forever- maybe until some of th DirectX tweaks come out.

Krizzu's Avatar Laetus

I get CTD when I press "End Turn" it cycles trough all factions and when it comes to "Wako Pirates" it crashes! I'm at Summer year 1548...happens EVERY time....

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzu View Post
    I get CTD when I press "End Turn" it cycles trough all factions and when it comes to "Wako Pirates" it crashes! I'm at Summer year 1548...happens EVERY time....
    Upload a save game (compress it first) and someone can run it for you. If they don't crash it's your system. If it crashes it's the game......

Anything else is just text.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast