Thread: How do you know if Shogun II is updated?

Default How do you know if Shogun II is updated?

Hi,

I'm hearing about the patch that locked everyone out and about a patch that fixed the issue mentioned. But I have started Shogun (and Steam of course) 1 or 2 times yesterday, today again 2 times and I don't seem to get updates. I therefore think I don't have the update + the fix. How can I check whether they're downloaded and installed? Have already been looking on Steam, but without result.

Anyone?

kentuckybandit's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: How do you know if Shogun II is updated?

If you are online with Steam and have made no preference changes, you are updated. It does it automatically and you would have had to go into your preferences to shut off auto update.

But I've read things like: "This update is major, like 9 GB." So this is false and it's only a tiny update?
    But it's weird somehow because every time a game did get an update, Steam told so. The two small boxes when starting the game (and therefore Steam as well), that say Logging in, preparing to launch Shogun etc., would then say an update is being installed/downloaded and you would see a progress bar. This time I did not see anything like it.

??

kentuckybandit's Avatar Ordinarius

Go into your steam library, Right click Shogun, select properties, then Updates. If your auto update box is checked it is pretty safe to assume it has been updated.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by KamilW View Post
    But I've read things like: "This update is major, like 9 GB." So this is false and it's only a tiny update?
    But it's weird somehow because every time a game did get an update, Steam told so. The two small boxes when starting the game (and therefore Steam as well), that say Logging in, preparing to launch Shogun etc., would then say an update is being installed/downloaded and you would see a progress bar. This time I did not see anything like it.

??
    I heard it's only 25MB. The first-day one was like 2GBs. That's what I have heard, ofc, as I don't own the game yet.
    [Col] RO Citizen

Probably the 9 GB patch was just false information, something which this Shogun II forum is full of.

My auto-update box in Steam is checked, so according to you I can be sure it was updated. Well, don't know what else to do, so I'll just game and do nothing and hope the patch is installed.

Thanks anyway!

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

The 'day 0' patch was just over 572Mb - I installed from DVD-ROM and the portion that was downloaded from Steam was the patch.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Yeah, I know, but I mean the latest patch... The one that should fix auto-detect issues and other things. It also fixes some minor bugs and multiplayer issues. There's a whole thread on it in the main Shogun forum, at least 16 pages of it and it had just been added yesterday (I think). There were a whole lot of people complaining that the new update (not the day0 update, but the update that should come out within 48 hours, that one) was bugged because after install they could not play anymore. The day after or so CA fixed it. I'm talking about that update+its fix.

I've seen posts on the main forum stating that a certain patch was pulled from steam, and all accounts were rolled back to 1.0, I myself can verify that steam has no available patching current for my client, and it's a vanilla install, so you aren't wrong to wonder about the patch.

I haven't heard if or when its being re-released, I could only assume they will release it when it actually works, heh.

Is it actually safe to update the game now? Last I heard, there was a patch which broke everyone's game.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by KamilW View Post
    Yeah, I know, but I mean the latest patch... The one that should fix auto-detect issues and other things. It also fixes some minor bugs and multiplayer issues. There's a whole thread on it in the main Shogun forum, at least 16 pages of it and it had just been added yesterday (I think). There were a whole lot of people complaining that the new update (not the day0 update, but the update that should come out within 48 hours, that one) was bugged because after install they could not play anymore. The day after or so CA fixed it. I'm talking about that update+its fix.
    The update was not about the auto detect problem or the DirectX issues. It was some bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Is it actually safe to update the game now? Last I heard, there was a patch which broke everyone's game.
    The patch has been pulled. I was playing the game at the time the patch was released last night so I missed all the fuss.

I've played the game today without problem.

However, if I was cautious I would change the 'keep this game up-to-date' option in Steam. I do have other games to play and RL things as well.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    However, if I was cautious I would change the 'keep this game up-to-date' option in Steam. I do have other games to play and RL things as well.
    Yeah man :-) but that is the case with me! My auto-update has always been turned on. So I don't understand why I did not get the patch. Maybe I was late and the patch had already been pulled by the time I started up the game. But the day after (as many couldn't play anymore because of this faulty patch), CA released a fix for it. But I did not get the fix either. There's clearly something wrong. And and and, I'm not the only one asking myself this question.

Citizen

I am showing V 1.0.0 Build 3183.282049 on the main menu.

There have been several posts on the forum that people thought that the patch had been 'pulled'. However, I read a post yesterday from someone from CA where they stated a further patch had been released to 'fix'

However, the update notes don't reflect this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Total War: SHOGUN 2 – v 1.1
    Release Notes

Multiplayer - Fixed Crash when reaching lobby for a 4v4 Set-up Team game
    Multiplayer Campaign – Fixed bug where Realm divide event is shown three times
    Tutorials – Fixed bug where camera would fall below ground level during fly-by of warrior monks.
    Localisation – Various minor bug fixes

So, if the game has truely been patched twice why is it not reflected in the version number on the main menu?

Looks like another botched job on CA's part. If you have version numbers - use them or just don't show them.