Thread: Merging layers?

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Icon5 Merging layers?

Hi, excuse me if this is the wrong place to ask, but recently I've been trying to make my own sig, and I've stumbled across an apparently easy step: combining the 2 layer images (as you can see below in another person's sig). I'm using Gimp, not Photoshop, btw. Help would be very appreciated

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [Col] RO Citizen

Default Re: Merging layers?

I'm no expert (and i may be mis-interpreting the question), but couldn't that sig be done, by creating two layers, putting your two images on a seperate layer for each one and then just lower the opacity of the one on top so that you can see the other image through the bottom and possible changing the blending mode of the layer as well. Then just flatten the image image->flatten and iy should be done. Sorry for my rambling post, which may or may not have been answering your question. Perhaps one of the experts can be of more use.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Where can I change the blending mode? (I'm no expert neither, at all, lol)

Thanks for your answer, I'll try this, you may be right
    [Col] RO Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RO Citizen View Post
    Where can I change the blending mode? (I'm no expert neither, at all, lol)

Thanks for your answer, I'll try this, you may be right
    Well first press ctrl+L to get the layers dialog up, which should look something like this:

THen you can try altering the opacity slider, or clicking on the drop down menu of the blending mode (theres a few options there, so you'll just have to experiment with which one you want). So make sure you have your two seperate images in two different layers to start with and try changing these things on the image which is on top to start with. There's my wild stab in the dark, but i hope it is helpful in some way .