Thread: My Impressions on the game

Default My Impressions on the game

Well This is not a review but some feelings I have of it after playing for a while in campaign ode Hard difficulty as Oda ...

I am really annoyed by lots of bugs , like when the AI sieges ur castle and has some troops that come after they just get lost somewhere in corner of the map and do nothing unless u go to remind them to attack , other bugs , losts of when the units just do not follow your orders , when they should stick on the walls behind and instead they scatter like crazy , when you order a troop selection of archers to fire but if one finished arrows it will attack phsisically the enemy , Sure the AI plays a little better , but I manage to win mostly all the field battles if I pay a little attention , still mass numbers of peasants win over elite units.... there is no Undo function iif for error you do siege a castle or attack from it or even attack in field , weirdly enough I cant retire my troops to retire if I have not a general ...

The graphics look older compared to sharpness of other versions , they have a more solid "cubic" look instead than a sharp one , thebattle field graphics too seems to be coming from shogun revised other than a new game... Also the battlefield does not reflect the conformatin of the 3d map you are over but seems predetermined landscapes so like in old shogun where a region had his own lands but differently enough it doesn'treflect the features much like if you fight on a bridge u find urself instead on a plain etc.....The musics , part of them are recycled from Shogun with not many new ones...the diplomacy has not many options like exchange territories , troops , technology or other stuff....

All that said ... I love the game , and had much fun playing it as I didn't since Rome tw , so the feeling is to play an advanced shogun and its more addicting than ever ... ^^
    Why I like ? I dunno may be I like the setting or may be I like the more "solid look" of the overall units , somehow they look "noob painted" or just like was our mod Ran no jidai but with better graphic engine ^^ .....

All my complains are anyway about things that annoy me the most but don't make me dislike the game so for me this one is a 8/10

the following list is the vote from me from older games:

Shogun : 8/10
    Medieval : 7.5/10
    Rome : 8/10
    Medieval 2: 6.5/10
    Empire : 7/10
    Napoleon : 5.5/10
    Shogun 2 : 8.5/10

Btw this is just about the SP impressions ....

The votes are mostly based on my personal feelings based on how much I bored or or got interested in the game ..
    Last edited by PROMETHEUS ts; March 17, 2011 at 09:51 AM.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Default Re: My Impressions on the game

All people says that napoleon is better than empire.
    Team member of Third Age: Total War - Modeller & Skinner

Sgt.Valenzuela's Avatar Civitate

good review. However I think the unit detail in the game is best ever whether you think its "Noob Painted" or "Fantasy Colors" its definitely getting better and better. Shogun/Medieval used same graphics... well sprites!
    RTW and M2TW used same graphic and ETW and STW using same type of graphics so it makes me wonder what the next TW will be using

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Valenzuela View Post
    good review. However I think the unit detail in the game is best ever whether you think its "Noob Painted" or "Fantasy Colors" its definitely getting better and better. Shogun/Medieval used same graphics... well sprites!
    RTW and M2TW used same graphic and ETW and STW using same type of graphics so it makes me wonder what the next TW will be using
    I like actually the "noob style" I think it fits perfectly for the game , a more realistic one would be difficoult to follow on field ...

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

Moved to the correct sub-forum.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragut Alì (King of pirates) View Post
    All people says that napoleon is better than empire.
    Depends on how you look at it. More "streamlined and polished", sure, but much much more limited in scope, so nowhere near as "enjoyable" as ETW (when it worked...lol).
    "I will say it again, there are no bugs in this game. No melee bug, no formation bug, no suicidal general bug, nothing."

M2TWRocks, when speaking of N:TW (Source)

BTW after enablig the proper add ons in the video section I can enjoy more the graphics , I really like the terrain , altough looks less "great than Empire or Napoleon , I love the grass and the fields , the trees so and so , I dont like the camera limit in height and closeness to the units , the units are quite nice , could be better but I like them , the castles so and so , are good but they lack the "castle maze look" I woul dhave liked , they feel more like big hills to climb than Castles to me but are anyway ok ...

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder