Thread: Shogun's Ire?

Default Shogun's Ire?

Any idea how to avoid it? Does growing slower make it go down? Does having vassals increase it as much as taking territory. I'd like to be in a more secure position before I attract his attention, I had 7 vassals and 3 allies, and they all betrayed me (on Normal, btw)

I'm actually having trouble in a campaign not on VH! And I can't decide whether to be overjoyed or frustrated.
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Default Re: Shogun's Ire?

As far as I know Vassals and allies doesn't matter. Since Vassals counts as yours in the total towards winning condition it must mean it doesn't matter. The shogun will see you as a big enough threat after you have amount a certain amount of force to actually threaten him, vassals or no vassals. And about allies, all clans wants to be king of the hill so they will all backstab you to get there.

My Vassals generally didn't betray me on Hard, did you have good relationships with them? Most of my allies betrayed me though. The key is to not trigger the Realm Divide at the end of a tough war. You need to stop a bit and rebuild, and then trigger it. The first time I did it I came very close to losing because I didn't know it would happen and only had 3 beat up stacks. Took me like 20 years of fighting to get to Kyoto.
    Map guru
    RTR Fan

STOP CREEPING BIGGERISM

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

If you're in the right position you can also just take over Kyoto before Shogun's Ire triggers. That way you become Shogun, and get a 4 turn breather before the rest of Japan minus your vassals and most faithful allies declares war on you.

I took that route with the Shimazu; now it's me and my Chosokabe allies plus 3 minor vassals vs the Uesugi and Sakadate. It's an epic war between the entirety of west Japan vs east Japan!
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo