Thread: Bonus Buildings and Campers???

Default Bonus Buildings and Campers???

So far I have only gotten limited time on MP (i have to wait for the weekend)... however, from my time... it seems like a blast! I have two issues that I would like some explaining of, especially from those who have been playing alot of MP lately:

Bonus Buildings:
    - do you typically go for them?
    - is it me or does it take forever to conqure it?
    - do you feel it is worth it?

Campers:
    - have you encountered many?
    - do capture'n the building really have an advantage against campers (what they were created for)

Thanks much... also: how long do your MP (matchmade games) typically take???

Default Re: Bonus Buildings and Campers???

I always go for the buildings initially, but will soon stop and retrieve the units I sent out when I realize my opponent is not camping and moving in.
    Haven't seen too many campers, the one in one of my vids and one (annoyingly) when someone dropped into my campaign as the attacking faction and then stayed put in a forest patch.

Battles take 5-10 minutes for 1v1s in the small funds I get right now, will be longer once you progress in the avatar level is my guess, with more and better morale units.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

It depends, usually I try to hold them as long as that does not compromise my tactics.
    It takes a while, yes, which is fine indeed.
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Campers
    Not many, most maps pull the players away from their starting positions to gain better ground. Once they've moved most people won't start to camp.
    Yes, they give you advantage against the "run back to the hill and camp"-campers

10 minutes.

I never liked the idea of these conquerable bonus buildings and was afraid they would actually make a big difference. In the few battles I have played with these enabled though, noone really seemed too bothered to capture them as doing so would expose the units you use for that to a quick strike with cavalry. In those where I had opponents capturing almost all of them I did not notice any major differences and we still had somewhat even fights. You're definitely not unbeatable even if you have them all.

Campers... yes, quite a few, especially on maps predestined for that, such as ones with inaccessible ridges screaming out "Put archers on top of me!" - and they always do that. Archers up top front, Yari on both flanks and then just wait 30 minutes or so. Seemed rather difficult to flush them out, especially when you focus on melee like I do. If you have more archers than they do you may want to risk a long skirmish, which should rout them at some point. Hills do not give additional range to the archers on top (thank God).

At one point, we happened to have some artillery in our team (mongonels), but they were not as effective as I thought they'd be against a camper, mainly because the hill just behind the middle of the map was still out of range for them.

You can almost take it for a certain that the opponent is going to go for the melee attack one. Which puts me in an ruff spot since i haven't got many units that are above ashigaru. If I face an army similar in rank its not so bad and I don't go for the other buildings unless they are near.

Usually no I don't - but the enemy doesn't know that about me, and I love setting traps (yari cav in woodlands) to prey on lone groups sent to collect them.

Sometimes I'll sit on a building in the centre, just to provoke a response from the oponent, but if he has a building I won't rush to take it off him or destroy.