Thread: No support for 3D Vision ?

Default No support for 3D Vision ?

While ETW, NTW, and especially MTW2, looked unbelievable in 3D Vision, Shogun 2 is unplayable. This may or may not be remedied in a patch or NVidia profile in the future but the signs aren't encouraging. I realize that this is a small niche market but anyone who's seen a TW game in 3D Vision can vouch for the fact that the sight of a big battle will melt your eyeballs.

Default Re: No support for 3D Vision ?

Man, fighting battles at the moment is melting my eyeballs.... "Is that bunch of faction coloured sprites my sword sammurai or my peasant bowman?"

Better than yesterday though. Yesterday it was "Did my son steal my GPU?"

Many more compiled shader's are used in Shogun than earlier TW games in order to achieve the levels of detail and effects that are seen under dx9.0. Due to the way these shader's manipulate frame buffers, it prevents AA, and, as you found out software that relies on the frame buffers to extract depth information. The release of the dx 11 client MAY rectify the problem if your hardware is dx 11 compliant as the same type of effects are applied earlier in the rendering pipeline and cause no such problems.

It worked for me in the demo,but not as good as ETW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexcaliber View Post
    Many more compiled shader's are used in Shogun than earlier TW games in order to achieve the levels of detail and effects that are seen under dx9.0. Due to the way these shader's manipulate frame buffers, it prevents AA, and, as you found out software that relies on the frame buffers to extract depth information. The release of the dx 11 client MAY rectify the problem if your hardware is dx 11 compliant as the same type of effects are applied earlier in the rendering pipeline and cause no such problems.
    I don't quite understand the technospeak (I'm a bit of a techno-peasant) but you're essentially saying that there's hope ? Good stuff ! Yes, I have a GTX 470 so I should be ok (fingers crossed).

Ehi people, be careful with 3D stereo vision. Repeated use will melt your eyes/brain. I dropped 3D stereo technology completely after trying it for this reason.
    This is a good reference to begin to understand the healt risks, if you search on Internet you will find tons of additional information. In my opinion it is best to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teodosio View Post
    Ehi people, be careful with 3D stereo vision. Repeated use will melt your eyes/brain. I dropped 3D stereo technology completely after trying it for this reason.
    This is a good reference to begin to understand the healt risks, if you search on Internet you will find tons of additional information. In my opinion it is best to avoid it.
    Ya, I've read about the risks but I've never gotten any of the symptoms. Like many other things, some people will have a bad reaction while the majority won't be troubled. The upside of 3D Vision is so awesome that it's worth seeing if it's the set-up for you.

Since you said that you dropped the tech, I assume you've used it and have probably seen MTW2 in 3D Vision. Wouldn't you agree that the spectacle is, well, spectacular ?

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

becouse is not a full game is a big demo

yeah I dont think 3d is dangerous lol If it was entertainment companies and tv manufactorers would be up for a big lawsuit

I'm hoping this game is supported for 3d be a step backwards

Yes, however AA remains possible in DX9 nevertheless. DA2 has DX11 and DX9 - with AA. If what you said was the whole truth of the matter, that wouldn't be possible.

What it implies is that it *is* possible, but CA refused to undertake the extra work to achieve it. Of course AA is possible in DX9 regardless of DX11. But only if the developer decides to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by gapper4 View Post
    Ya, I've read about the risks but I've never gotten any of the symptoms. Like many other things, some people will have a bad reaction while the majority won't be troubled. The upside of 3D Vision is so awesome that it's worth seeing if it's the set-up for you.

Since you said that you dropped the tech, I assume you've used it and have probably seen MTW2 in 3D Vision. Wouldn't you agree that the spectacle is, well, spectacular ?
    Last time I tried 3D stereo vision was with Napoleon if I remember correctly.
    Yes it was interesting, but after getting informed I decided not to use it anymore. To be clear: I am not concerned with symptoms like nausea or dizziness, I could live with them. I am worried about the unknown long-term effects that a prolonged use of 3D could have on my brain/eyes. Don't forget that you are playing a really bad trick to your brain with 3D vision, there's no telling how that could affect it in the long run.

P.S. sorry fot the off-topic, but I think health is more important than anything else so I had to drop this
    Last edited by Teodosio; March 17, 2011 at 05:07 PM.

Thank God I read this before I tore the packaging off it. I will return it tomorrow.

Take it from someone who used to party hard, 3D stereoscopic will not kill you.

After all you learned how to process 2D images before you could talk so your brains already messed.

Still no 3d for Shogun 2 oh well I'm playing third age in 3D and it's tons of fun. I'm actually surprised how far people took this mod. (Don't send the Dwarves out onto the plains without support!)

Quote Originally Posted by jemu321 View Post
    Still no 3d for Shogun 2 oh well I'm playing third age in 3D and it's tons of fun. I'm actually surprised how far people took this mod. (Don't send the Dwarves out onto the plains without support!)
    Idk what your talking about, I can play shogun2 in stereoscopic 3d

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Oh great not this again, we had a thread exactly like this 2 years ago. The general consensus then was that this isn't a 3D game nor is it advertised as such. 3D is an added bonus that you shouldn't complain about if it isn't there