Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dishonoring treaties issue

Default Dishonoring treaties issue

When a trade-route is broken by an enemy army taking one of your ally's provinces, road cut off, you get -25 for Dishonoring Treaties. That's a bit off though.

In my first game, where I never broke any alliance, and always supported my allies in wars, I got -100 to some factions for some reason that never diminished. Some of the others hit me with -100 as well, but at least for those it diminished over time. What caused this I do not know, I suddenly noticed when I was going to do some diplomacy.

So, there's something off with how this works it seems. There was a similar issue with ETW very early on as well, but it got patched not long after.
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

Default Re: Dishonoring treaties issue

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    When a trade-route is broken by an enemy army taking one of your ally's provinces, road cut off, you get -25 for Dishonoring Treaties. That's a bit off though.

In my first game, where I never broke any alliance, and always supported my allies in wars, I got -100 to some factions for some reason that never diminished. Some of the others hit me with -100 as well, but at least for those it diminished over time. What caused this I do not know, I suddenly noticed when I was going to do some diplomacy.

So, there's something off with how this works it seems. There was a similar issue with ETW very early on as well, but it got patched not long after.
    Yeah! I've been having this problem too, as the HOJO in co-op campaign with my friend who was the TAKEDA. He discovered a clan to the north of him, so I started a trade agreement, but they were destroyed the next turn. And I got stamped with a-100 for dishonouring trade agreements.

Coolguy's Avatar Libertus

So that where that negative rating comes from.
    That's just a really really twisted way of reasoning...

Needs to be fixed ASAP.

As I've said, gamebreaker issue. This is a show stopper.

I gave a hostage to Date for peace, next turn they broke the treaty by invading my land, and executed my hostage for breaking the treaty... Er?

Yeah, there's something a bit wonky going on with the diplomacy. I just noticed in my current game that I've got dishonouring treaties as a negative for pretty much everyone -- I'm playing as Date and the only people I've fought/invaded are the clan that you start the game at war with. I've not broken any treaties, so I have no idea where this is coming from.

HA what does diplomacy matter if it all ends with a Vs the human war

Quote Originally Posted by Zoring View Post
    I gave a hostage to Date for peace, next turn they broke the treaty by invading my land, and executed my hostage for breaking the treaty... Er?
    haha same happened to me, sucks dont it

Yeah this needs to be addressed ASAP, this is kind of ruining diplomacy in a lot of ways, especially playing on VH when I need every ally I can get......

Maybe we should post on official forum thread about this?

Check this: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...erious-problem

Quote Originally Posted by pravania View Post
    haha same happened to me, sucks dont it
    when my first realm divide hit me, i was struggling to hold on to my alliances. the vassal (oda) was threatening to turn on me and both the hojo and date declared war despite the fact i gave them 20k each the turn before. i tried to restablished the alliances with another 30k and a grandson as hostage each. and next turn they both broked the treaties (AGAIN) i end up losing 100k and my last 2 successors, effectively ending my clan line. the heir died in battle several year before, leaving his widow behind with 2 kids. now the 2 kids are gone and the daimyo is 72 goddamn years old. he aint gonna be havign any more kids.

I am not sure 100%, but i think the stats you see in the diplomacy panel (mouseover) are their stats.
    So if they betray you they will get a negative impact.
    At least i can confirm that, having broken no alliances, i get some -20 for breaking treaties.. but only with some nations. My guess is THEY have broken treaties and the game is warning you about it, but it doesnt reflect anything about you.
    This can also be reflected in the diplomacy map, sometimes they are red for you, but you are green for them.

My 2 cents, but i must say I didnt do any extensive testing.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by simsam View Post
    I am not sure 100%, but i think the stats you see in the diplomacy panel (mouseover) are their stats.
    So if they betray you they will get a negative impact.
    At least i can confirm that, having broken no alliances, i get some -20 for breaking treaties.. but only with some nations. My guess is THEY have broken treaties and the game is warning you about it, but it doesnt reflect anything about you.
    This can also be reflected in the diplomacy map, sometimes they are red for you, but you are green for them.

My 2 cents, but i must say I didnt do any extensive testing.

+1

The only time I took a negative hit with everyone was when I attacked a vassal. I broke the trade agreement the turn before, and the negative points only went toward the faction I was trading with. As soon as I declared war though... the whole freaking map was red!

I do get negative relations with certain factions sometimes, but they are the ones breaking treaties with others. I never have everyone else hate me unless it's because of my own actions

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Nagashimo View Post
    Maybe we should post on official forum thread about this?

Check this: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...erious-problem
    I would if the page would allow me to register an account. But it won't.

That said, note that not a single CA post has been seen in that thread. This is in spite of the fact that the bug is gamebreaking. Typical.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

I've never seen this happen. If another faction breaks a trade agreement with you, your relations with them will drop. Other factions will stay the same.

Righteous Fury's Avatar Civis

Actually, have been playing as Date, and have noticed everything mentioned here. Why am I being penalized when I am not the one breaking Trade Agreements and Alliances? Had alliance with Uesugi, had lasted for about a decade, along with Trade Agreement. All of a sudden, they break the alliance, for what seems to be no reason. I was not at war with any of there other allies, in fact, I wasn't at war! AI did this 3 seasons in a row, as I kept re-sealing the alliance. Come the 4th season, Uesugi did it again, and didn't bother (was costing me A LOT of money). However, after ending my turn, Uesugi comes to ME and asks ME to ally with THEM?!?!?!! Also, even though they broke the Alliance all 3 times, and I have not broken any Alliances or Treaties, I still got dinged for Breaking Treaties, -25 with every clan still in the game. Uesugi got the same penalty, but why? Should his not be triple what mine is? Why was I penalized in the first place? I didn't "Break the Treaty", they did... 3 times IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NEVER SUBMIT
    NEVER SURRENDER

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Fury View Post
    Actually, have been playing as Date, and have noticed everything mentioned here. Why am I being penalized when I am not the one breaking Trade Agreements and Alliances? Had alliance with Uesugi, had lasted for about a decade, along with Trade Agreement. All of a sudden, they break the alliance, for what seems to be no reason. I was not at war with any of there other allies, in fact, I wasn't at war! AI did this 3 seasons in a row, as I kept re-sealing the alliance. Come the 4th season, Uesugi did it again, and didn't bother (was costing me A LOT of money). However, after ending my turn, Uesugi comes to ME and asks ME to ally with THEM?!?!?!! Also, even though they broke the Alliance all 3 times, and I have not broken any Alliances or Treaties, I still got dinged for Breaking Treaties, -25 with every clan still in the game. Uesugi got the same penalty, but why? Should his not be triple what mine is? Why was I penalized in the first place? I didn't "Break the Treaty", they did... 3 times IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's a bug... and CA is seemingly refusing to acknowledge it. Even if the have acknowledged it, they're in no hurry to fix this gamebreaking issue.

They had acknowledged it 4 moths ago and yet did nothing about it.

Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamloller View Post
    They had acknowledged it 4 moths ago and yet did nothing about it.

Lame.
    Agreed. I am still having this problem every time I play a campaign.

I cannot discern any pattern to it.

For example, in my latest campaign, starting on Turn 9, every new clan I meet has an automatic -25 with me for Dishonoring Treaties, and it never goes away.

I have never had a Vassal, a Trade Agreement, Military Access, or a Military Alliance. In fact, I avoided the Diplomacy screen as I find Diplomacy in this video game infuriating for this very reason.

That said, why do I suddenly, only for clans I have not yet met, have a permanent -25 for Dishonoring Treaties when I finally meet them?

In other campaigns I have had the same problem, also without a discernible pattern. Sometimes it is everyone, sometimes it is only my Trade Agreement partners. Sometimes it is -100 and reduces to -25 over time, sometimes it is a permanent -100.

It is infuriating and interferes with my ability to play the video game even when I expressly avoid Diplomacy to try and get away from it.

I really wish CA would fix it.

Does anyone know whether there has been any word from CA beyond the CA official forum post from Dave B in Apr 2011 acknowledging the issue?
    Last edited by Maltay; August 28, 2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Hope is the denial of reality."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast