Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patching problem RTW 1.3/1.5

Default Patching problem RTW 1.3/1.5

Firstly I apologise if this has been asked before. I have googled and checked the FAQ but couldn't find the answer.

I am using windows 7 x86.

Im trying to patch my RTW to 1.5 but the patches I have downloaded won't let me change the directory! I need them to go into prog files/x86/activision etc. Patch 1.2 is great because you can choose where they are placed.

Can anyone help me please?

Sabazios's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Patching problem RTW 1.3/1.5

Put rtw in games map, not in prog files. You dont need 1.3, just patch to 1.3 and then 1.5

So in basic terms are you saying to install somewere else? Will the patches find the new folder automatically?

You have to put the patch files there yourself. Just extract somewhere else and merge with the excisting rtw map or extract patches directly in your Rome-Total War map.

By the way, there is no need to reinstall, just cut and paste the total Rome- Total War map to different location.

Thanks buddy but the actual patch is the problem. I can't choose where the patch unpacks itself. It's defaulted to c:prog/activ etc. Is there anything I can do? Im new to all this.

Thanks.

What patch are you trying to install?

If its a zipped folder:
    Try to place the zipped patch file in a new map. Now right click on it and select 'unzip here'. Now there should be a new folder with the patch files. Merge the new data folder with the original folder in your Rome - Total war folder.

If the patch is an installer, there should be a 'browse folders' option somewhere, so you can point to your Rome - Total war folder.

Yeah it's a patch installer so it unpacks all the files to it's default place. I can't change the directory.

Ideally I want to use a mod to get the most out of the experience. Do you know any mods that are 1.0 or 1.2 friendly?

Hmm i'll check my other pc for the right patches in about a hour (im very busy working right now ). I installed rome and the patches last week, without any probs on a new W7 machine in my games folder. I'll add the patches as attachments to a post here, so you can use them to. You will have your RTW patched

Most mods are for 1.5 btw. And even if you were just going to play normal RTW, you should still patch it.

If you could do that you would be a legend! For whatever reason the patch installers don't come with the ability to change the directory.

Thanks alot. The only patch I can install is 1.2 as it's the only patch that let's me choose where to install!

hmm just checked, but apparently i to had the ''installer versions'' where you cant choose a location. Try putting the patch installer into the folder where your RTW folder is and then run it, maybe then its able to automatically find the right path. If i remember correct i both had them in my games folder. I have to say that i didnt instal 1.2 first but directly installed 1.3 and then 1.5
    Last edited by Sabazios; March 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks for the help, I will definitely give it a try. Back in the day is used to play RTR.

good luck, it can be done, cus i did it
    RTR is good, RTR Extended Realism even better

Lol tried to put the patch somewere else but it was having none of it. Something along the lines of no copy of RTW found! I'm totally stumped lol

If i were you, i'd uninstal rome completely. Then reinstal in C:\''RTW folder'' and instal patch 1.3 (and 1.5) from same folder, because it might be patch 1.2 which is giving you problems. Also instal using windows xp compatibility mode.

edit: problem fixed
    Last edited by Sabazios; March 18, 2011 at 07:55 AM.

If i were you, i'd uninstal rome completely. Then reinstal in C:\''RTW folder'' and instal patch 1.3 (and 1.5) from same folder, because it might be patch 1.2 which is giving you problems. Also instal using windows xp compatibility mode.
    I'd do that also,but before installing again RTW first delete some keys in registry-this is why people can't patch to 1.5 version.Click Start then Run and there enter regedit,after doing that find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Sega and delete Sega....after doing that do clean install of RTW.

I got the same problem. I use to have RTW in "Program files" folder, and patch 1.3 and 1.5 installed correctly, but after having some issues i re-installed rtw in C:Games folder. Now, patch 1.3 let me choose directory, but 1.5 doesn't. What can i do? I tried everything's been said and nothing works

copy the entire folder to the directory the patch wants

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

The trick with the RTW patches is to not move the game from where it was originally installed. I believe there is a registry entry that keeps track of the original location.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

I don't remember patch 1.2 and 1.5 anymore since I bought BI years ago where I only use patch 1.6 to bring my RTW/BI to date.

From what I know the installer will automatically point to where your original RTW or BI executable files is located. I have never install my games to default C/Program Files ect but never have any issue with patches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast