Page 87 of 501 FirstFirst ... 3762777879808182838485868788899091929394959697112137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 10001

Thread: - The Tavern -

Default Re: - The Tavern -

And blatta, did you just sign up for the GoT RPG to take the Boltons? Cause your a bit inactive on it.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gondor's soldiers looked like the Imperial LEgion soldiers in Oblivion. They seemed ot take on a sort of Hellenic Appearance

Oblivion is VERY Tolkien-esque. I love the trees in that game. Skyrim's trees are pretty good, but there's something about that 'speed tree' technology in Oblivion....

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

I totally disliked the NPCs in oblivion ; Mudcrabes, Oh yes horrible creatures... But I love Sheogorath and his dialogues branch.

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

What are all these names? NPC, Mudcrabes, Sheogorath,the Imperial legion soldiers in Oblivion.....

These are true Soldiers! this is War!
    Bolters and Chainswords!
    and only a simple battle cry:
    'Kill them all Brothers!
    No Mercy!!'

Fear the Legion!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Compilation of roman and Byzantine units

Guys, seriously, give it up with diocle, he's more stubborn than I am

Anyways, I check to see whether or not pieces of work are copyrighed, or I make sure they were written before 1923

Most work on Google isn't copyrighted, but occasionally you have an incident like this. I once posted a bunch of osprey stuff not knowing about the copyright, but someone told me and I took it down. I have like, 200 images on my computer from re-enactors, osprey, and other stuff, but most of it I can't put on the intertubez. Luckily there are plenty of PDF files and stuff out there that aren't copyrighted.

A simple Space Marine is able to kill your guy with only his bolter!!!

Meh... At least my image is slightly realistic... Yours will die by that guys fireball. He is magic you see. He really is.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

As a question , I often upload whole folders of my images to show them to some friend on mediafire, is that acceptable ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Anyways, back on topic, I'm also looking forward to some other new legos as well

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

umm

How much access to an Industrial Magnet do you have?

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

None .
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Magister....was there a topic,....here? in the Tavern?....Really?.......ah! ..the Lego soldiers
    OK then! Please continue!

Anyway, Harald the bolter I posted is an artistic creation o.c.! but the weapons which fires self propelled bullets not! They were invented by an American guy,(i knew his name but now I should search...) who proposed them to US Army, and this kind of weapons was sold until the sixties in the States now survives some exemplar but the production ended! IMO It is a fantastic invention!

Found it!!

Type Small arms (rocket)
    Place of origin United States
    Service history
    Used by See Users
    Production history
    Designer Robert Mainhardt
    Art Biehl
    Manufacturer MB Associates
    Variants See Variants
    Specifications
    Weight 0.88 lb. (0.40 kg)
    Length 10.88 in. (27.6 cm)
    Barrel length 5 in. (12.7 cm)
    Cartridge Mark I- 13 mm rocket
    Mark II- 12 mm rocket
    Caliber Mark I- .51 caliber
    Mark II- .49 caliber
    Action Blow-Forward
    Rate of fire 60 RPM
    Select Fire (Assault Rifle variant)
    Muzzle velocity very low, but increasing over trajectory to about 1250fps
    Effective range 55 yards (50 m)
    Feed system 6-round internal box magazine (Main Variants)
    Sights Iron sights

Here the link to Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrojet

Quote Originally Posted by DarthLazy View Post
    As a question , I often upload whole folders of my images to show them to some friend on mediafire, is that acceptable ?
    Strictly speaking no, but then again the risk of you running into some trouble is basically non existent. It also depends, of course, on what kind of images we're talking about. But I wouldn't worry about it.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Don`t let us warm up the chapter again. But to answer the question from DarthLazy in a serious way I want try to clear up this.

In this case, it is similar to the rights of football transmissions via TV. As a private person you receive the right to watch the live-matches for your personal use. But you have not automatically purchased a license to make these games available to public.
    If you are an owner of a bar\pub or restaurant - then you cannot take over here your personal account for the private use and show the games in your pub. You need an official lincence of the Pay-TV provider (which is actually a very high amount in Germany, and according my knowledge in England also).
    But of course if you have some guests in your home you can watch with them together (for a so called non-commercial use).

In the case of Osprey (but also valid for all other publishers) you can of course show your friends some Osprey books at home.
    But as a techer, and here I know what I'm speaking about, it is not allowed to take the Osprey plates and show these images on the projector on a screen infront of 30 pupils (except it is clearly allowed by Osprey; e.g. there is a permission in the book-credits or you have received the allowance by Osprey via e-mail).

The case you are describing is of course somewhat abstract. Basically I would say that nobody cares two hoots about (also Osprey has nothing against it if you send some photos or plates to your friends). A certain distribution of book contents is advertising. However, I wouldn't shout it from the rooftops.
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; May 08, 2012 at 12:07 PM.

I think that if here on these Forums all the people strictly observed the rules about copyright, TWC would be ended by a long time!
    All the Mods members exchange materials and PDF and images, maybe privately, but anyway against the rules, but here no one is speculating or making money from the Mods so.....I do not find very dangerous if someone is a llittle flexible about the rules!

Anyway Legio was right, Osprey has its rights, and we should respect them! I discharged the images I posted from the site of the russian artist who produced them, I'm sure they were not Osprey, but I cannot know if they were published by someone else...but if the artist gives them as a free download.......anyway no problem by me, the rules are rules and must be respected!

In the end Osprey images can be found everywhere on Internet! But I'm against this o.c.!

PS:: I'll continue in the next posts my history of my three preferred Caesarian Legions and my little Latin gift, I'll speak about the concordance between adjectives and nouns in Latin Language as always starting from the IV declination! I like the IV, it sounds so Etruscan!!

I've moved some posts on the copyright issue here. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Now Magister will arrive and will say that we are off-topic!!!! He was speaking abot his Lego soldiers!

They are really useless and coward in Oblivion...

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile