Page 72 of 501 FirstFirst ... 224762636465666768697071727374757677787980818297122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 10001

Thread: - The Tavern -

Default Re: - The Tavern -

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Hey guys what's going on?

Also if we can't fix my computer, then I'm pretty sure the warranty will still cover it, as I got the computer on september 22nd
    A Warrant? That's something from the middle ages isn't it? It's delivered by armed thugs clad in maile?

I bought a desktop in 2004 and got black screen after a year of RTW. I replaced the GPU, a year later I replaced the GPU again. After that the CPU started shutting down.

So in 2007 I got a new desktop.

Later on I looked over the 2004 desktop. I found one of the clips holding the CRU heatsink down had snapped and that's why it shutdown. So I got a new heatsink with new clips and that was fine.

Now I realize the problem with the GPU was it was running hot and frying the lubricant in the GPU fan, result in the fan stopping. Answer would be to pop the cover on the fan and re-lubricate the pinion with 2 or 3 drops of oil. In any case fixing the CPU heatsink down and replacing the GPU and 2004 machine works fine.

Playing Empire and Nappy on the 2007 desktop I noticed with 'SpeedFan' that the CPU was at 100C. After the warranty period I opened it up and found the crappy intel heatsink clips were loose. So I re silver pasted the heaksink on the CPU and after some hiccups the CPU nows runs at 50C.
    Also I found the RAM fan cluster was a loose fitting and sitting on its side, so I corrected this. One of the RAM fans was very noisy so I re-lubricated that and its quite now.

When you say your machine is a "smoking hole", it may be simply be something similar to the above problems.

You can benefit by a better quality CPU heat-sink that simply ensures good contact and heat transfer. You can check the GPU fan and re-lubricate it. Some GPU's use pricey passive cooling to get around this problem.

Another problem area may be cooling for you RAM.

Simple fact is even your name brand laptop could benefit from some better quality cooling, but you pay money for this.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

its a smoking hole in the sense that it wont even reinstall windows 7 right

its a smoking hole in the sense that it wont even reinstall windows 7 right
    The question is have you checked 'safe mode'? As your machine boots up there's a little message asking if want to abort loading your OS.

First thing to check is if it will boot in "safe mode". To get that keep pressing F8 as you boot up.
    The machine won't reinstall anything if say the CPU is over heating and shutting down?

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Dust in your fan, causes all sorts of issues....that's about all I have to offer on the subject. But I did read somewhere that repair shops make a fortune vacuuming fans and charging for complex repairs!

Diocletianus Reincarnation- the skeptic that I am feels the need to just dismiss the whole idea, but I find Indian mysticism and religion a fascinating subject, so am prepared to listen and keep , at least a partially open mind.
    Last edited by Constantius; April 14, 2012 at 01:28 AM.

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    Dust in your fan, causes all sorts of issues....that's about all I have to offer on the subject. But I did read somewhere that repair shops make a fortune vacuuming fans and charging for complex repairs!
    Tell me about it. And it's very simple to do yourself. It usually only requires a screwdriver and a can of air.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Naw, it says you have to restart the computer and that windows cannot finish the installation in safe mode.

Naw, it says you have to restart the computer and that windows cannot finish the installation in safe mode.
    Okay, we've established the CPU isn't shutting down due to overheating. So your black-screen is most likely the GPU fault.

Now if you're trying to reload windows. Phone MS help and get a tech to guide you through reinstalling or system repair.

It might be that you have yo give your OS DVD device priority in the start-up and do a system repair. However MS has a help line for Windows so you may as well use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletianus View Post
    I am curious : Who believe here in reencarnation ?
    I don't believe in any kind of religion, or any other form of superstition.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    I don't believe in any kind of religion, or any other form of superstition.
    Wise words Joar! Wise words!.......

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I've been working with Dell Tech Support for the past Hour, I am waiting for them to phone me back.

Also, I'm Agnostic. Atheism is just as much of a Religion as anything else. Heck Football is a religion to some people here in the US. So I agree with Joar

I've been working with Dell Tech Support for the past Hour, I am waiting for them to phone me back.

Also, I'm Agnostic. Atheism is just as much of a Religion as anything else. Heck Football is a religion to some people here in the US. So I agree with Joar
    ...And you don't even have the right shaped ball!

Signature made by Joar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

No we do not, I consider European Futball (our soccer) to be the true football, but that's because I like watching it at our local Latin american resteraunt while eating Rice and Tacos.

Sounds good, I have a whole new level of respect for you now

Signature made by Joar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lol, anyways I'm still waiting for tech support to call back. They said 5-10 minutes...

EDIT: WOHOO POST 7400!!!! I FEEL SPECIAL FOR SOME REASON

Its quality, not quantity

Signature made by Joar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

True, I'd rather have a quality computer over a lot of computers...

Then again, i could sell all the crappy computers and buy a ton of quality computers with the profits.

Yes Magister the materialism is like a religion, but IMHO agnosticism slams god out of the door and let he enter again from the window! .....I prefer to delete the idea in a more radical way!!!...

??? say what?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Gandalf View Post
    ??? say what?
    I say that if you let the space in your mind for the metaphysic to return, then sooner or later the metaphysic will return! ...it is not difficult to understand! ...I prefer eradicate the idea of god from my mind, so MMFA is right mine is like a religion but I prefer the religion of atheism to agnosticism, I find my religion, the atheism, a more radical, safe and igenic choice to defend my mind from any idea of god (metapyisic).

I still dont get it... why cant we talk about something that diocle doesnt confuse?