Page 6 of 501 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: - The Tavern -

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: - The Tavern -

Well, it's 12.45pm here in melbourne, which makes it lunchtime. So, can I have some nice hot soup and a cup of tea please.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Well, it's 12.45pm here in melbourne, which makes it lunchtime. So, can I have some nice hot soup and a cup of tea please.
    Gee, my friend. Your politeness is killing the illusion of a Roman tavern . Besides, what is that tea think you're asking for? you should ask for wine. Like a Roman!

Art by Joar

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

I think I may provoke Flavius Aetius to flame me:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    BATLLEFIELD IS THA BEST FPS

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    I think I may provoke Flavius Aetius to flame me:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    BATLLEFIELD IS THA BEST FPS
    lollollollollol
    and all the sudden, a cunning Cocroach turned this small and peaceful Roman tavern on the outskirts of Argentoratum, full of politeness, into the Wild West saloon-like fight between its drunken occupants who saturated their blood with some low quality wine and poorly served tea(!)() and eagerly awaited to draw their swords and get the party started

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

lol, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Halo is the best selling X-Box game ever yes, but actually the 1981 version of Mario is the most popular videogame of all time.

I actually like 3rd person shooters better, you know where you still have the 1st person hud but you can see your guy? As in star wars battlefront.

lol, and it's not an F/A-18 hornet it's some futuristic helicopter/fighter/VTOL thing. James Cameron ripped off it's design in Avatar.

ah, the Avatar! what a great movie, the 1st one i watched in 3d. yeah, i know what aircraft you think of now.

Quote Originally Posted by ☧ Flavius Aëtius ☧ View Post
    lol, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Halo is the best selling X-Box game ever yes, but actually the 1981 version of Mario is the most popular videogame of all time.

I actually like 3rd person shooters better, you know where you still have the 1st person hud but you can see your guy? As in star wars battlefront.

lol, and it's not an F/A-18 hornet it's some futuristic helicopter/fighter/VTOL thing. James Cameron ripped off it's design in Avatar.
    I have no opinion on xbox games, as I see no point in consoles.

hey dudes, take a look to this cool vid...am not a huge fan of J Lo but Pitbull ported her greatly into house music style plus the rhythm has a part of classy electro in it. all in all, it's the 1st class club single with some nice Southern hot mentality! wonder how it would feel playin' mods with such a music instead the standard Gladiator-style music?

Sorry Juvenus i dont see it. Its fricken Lambada all over again. War games need historical battle tunes to get your blood racing not the club music and definitely not latin flavor body to body love rhytms. Again, sorry for killin it.

Quote Originally Posted by juvenus View Post
    hey dudes, take a look to this cool vid...am not a huge fan of J Lo but Pitbull ported her greatly into house music style plus the rhythm has a part of classy electro in it. all in all, it's the 1st class club single with some nice Southern hot mentality! wonder how it would feel playin' mods with such a music instead the standard Gladiator-style music?
    Metallica and slayer are waaaay better.

Can't picture men lining up in shieldwall formation listening to Metallica either.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Vegetius Renatus View Post
    Can't picture men lining up in shieldwall formation listening to Metallica either.
    But it is still more appropriate.

Appropriate maybe in modern warfare games or movies where u fly in anti-gravity boots and shoot laser at the speed of light but ancient and medieval games or movies have their own charm with music that answers only to that period. Thats y u dont see any games or movies made that way. It doesnt adhere to history and tradition.

I doubt pop music matches any period. Besides, you probably haven't heard any songs by metallica.

I heard metallica while u were still a baby getting potty trained. Also i heard other music u probably have no idea it even existed. I have no problem with music but with the idea if it suits certain criteria as with everything else in the world. U can relax in your home to the tunes of Bach and Mozart, drive your car like a nut to sound of Metallica or dance with your gal at the night club listening to pit bull and J lo. Music is an art in it self and some of u younger guys get this twisted idea that becouse something is in style at this time you can assign it to everything no matter what timeframe its from.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Orchestral music (like in halo) really does it.

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

smoking...i now in roman days they dont have it...however i wish i have a beer...
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    smoking...i now in roman days they dont have it...however i wish i have a beer...
    I've always liked Vangelis' music for movie soundtracks. And guys I can remember first listening to Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin way back in the 70's, though my musical tastes are quite wide nowadays.

Anyways, as he storms into the tavern.....give me a cup of Earl Grey Tea please! Hot! Make It So!!

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Anyways, as he storms into the tavern.....give me a cup of Earl Grey Tea please! Hot! Make It So!!

Art by Joar

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

tea? JH well not surprising Vangelis are nice. Altough i'm not from that time i was a little one but kinda feel hearing the final countdown...thinking in the release of SAJ new version you know
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi