Thread: - The Tavern -

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: - The Tavern -

True vegans actually don't eat anything related to something that has a shadow...

"B-b-but...but...but the Soya Beans had a family too! Heartless vegans! Hypocrites!"

Actually, vegans don't even use anything made out of animals, like wool or leather.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletianus View Post
    I should ask her...but from the look of it, it require a massive amount of tomatoe,mushrooms, some herbs and olives. She become fancy sometimes, making a sea fruits spaghetti.
    It sounds exetremely good Diocletianus! Especially herbs and olives!

Don't listen the ab-normal people saying that the vegetables are not good food, they are poor creatures, I would say Orks, eating crap and muck! They should be exterminated in the Emperor's name.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My dad knows a guy who's a vegetarian. He once said "I don't eat anything with eyes." So my dad replied, "Neither do I, I cut the head off first."

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
    My dad knows a guy who's a vegetarian. He once said "I don't eat anything with eyes." So my dad replied, "Neither do I, I cut the head off first."

" You don't need being vegetarian to add herbs and flavours
    to your food, you just need being a civilized human-being,
    with just a little of good taste for good food, my dear boy. "

The Gundahar's betrayal (notes for a new Nibelungenlied).

Anno Domini 440, Spring: I've just killed Aetius, but now I'm feeling guilty ... ... in fact in my first Africa Vandalorum Campaign as the Burgundians (I didn't play the Burgundians from the time of vanilla RTW-BI!!!!), I ambushed him or better he was ambushed by my men because he is an idiot!

This the situation: we were at peace with the Romans so Aetius tried to pass near Genava with just two units of faggots, probably in the hope to reach the Roman armies in the East on the Danube, meanwhile my army was in the woods because I was moving to take a small town on the north, I had almost forgotten about that army, when the Magister fell into the ambush and ... I decided to break the peace and fight against him, so after 15 minutes of a vicious fight on the mountains the General died.

I exploited the situation and on the same turn I took Lugdunum, now I'm feeling bad, because I exploited the events and betrayed Rome, probably always playing the Romans, I still need to change my mindset using a barbaric faction ..

Before the battle, the view of the Léman Lake from the mountains was really enchanting, congrats to the mapper of Africa Vandalorum!!!!

Attila is coming from the North!
    In the next week Winter will be here, the anticyclone named Cleopatra will be driven out,
    by an atmospheric perturbation or cyclone named Attila.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Attila is coming from the North!
    In the next week Winter will be here, the anticyclone named Cleopatra will be driven out,
    by an atmospheric perturbation or cyclone named Attila.
    Rather tasteless exploitation of a fantasy TV series by CA.

game of thrones winter is coming
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

justdownloading's Avatar Foederatus

No fun allowed on TWC, only sperging about the same inane nothings surrounding every announcement by CA.

Quote Originally Posted by justdownloading View Post
    No fun allowed on TWC, only sperging about the same inane nothings surrounding every announcement by CA.
    In this way things are going, and in this way they MUST go.

Just read "The Fall of the Roman Empire, The Military Explanation" by Arther Ferrill. Has anyone read it? I don't know much about military tactics, so I'd be interested in your opinion about it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I have. It's somewhat outdated but still an excellent read.

I'm for the 'transformation' rather than for the 'military collapse', anyway Ferril's book is interesting.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I think it was an element of both: there was a transformation, but the Empire, militarily, collapsed which resulted in the replacement of the Roman administration.

You're lucky because in this case I don't disagree too much with your post, but beware Mag, for TWC I'm Rosebund now, so ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

They're re-releasing one of the best movies ever made. If you have never seen it, then you must do so, and on the big screen.

Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; October 21, 2014 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    They're re-releasing one of the best movies ever made. If you have never seen it, then you must do so, and on the big screen.
    First saw it on a school excursion in 1972 I think. Still remember going to a re-screening in 1977. Yeah, need big screen and big sound for the full experience. Still looks good after all these years.

The making of kubrick's 2001 by jerome agel is a good read on the film.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...Kubrick_s_2001

However don't miss Russia's answer to 2001, the film "Solaris" which happens to be Putin's favorite.

Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    I have. It's somewhat outdated but still an excellent read.
    I see. It was well-written but the author sounded a bit absolute. The library is bankrupt, so pretty much all the books are a bit outdated. In fact, the only books it has about the fall of the Roman Empire is that one, Gibbon's and a couple of German books. And I can't read German.

@The_Hibernian: Living in Europe, I fear German will be a MUST sooner or later, ... .. and this is a tragedy for me, I've already big problems having to deal with English, so, you can imagine my situation with German!

Anyway, I had already seen 2001 many years before you was a baby sucking milk and baby food, Mag! The movie is a MUST!

But, but, ... but after all these years and with my hair increasingly white, I feel free to say that the final of the movie is one of the most absolute and coward failures of the history of mankind!

The point can be understood reading the novel used by Kubrik as inspiration for the movie, it's 'The Sentinel' by the great Arthur C. Clarke (why do the Americans have three f.... names?).

Solaris was a damn good and disturbing movie, probably one of the best SF movies, that goes beyond the limits of science fiction literature.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Sentinel is the inspiration for 2001, and the Kubrick had Arthur C. Clarke write 2001.