Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: No, don't tell me there is Aztecs in MTW II!

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default No, don't tell me there is Aztecs in MTW II!

Noooo, I have heard it that probably there would be Red Indian faction in MTW 2. That's ridiculous and unrealism! During the Medieval time, men didn't even know there is a land in the other side of sea! How do they "meet" the Aztec? And how could a crusader fight with a warrior of Aztec?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Well for starters the game ends in 1530 the discovery of the Americas was 1492 how is this ridiculous and unrealism! However I would rather the Aztecs not be in MTW2.

Yaya, but the Medieval ended when the Europeans started to reach the America! Don't forget that!
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

And if u are good and blitz ai so in 1300 u will be in America and starting britain kingdom invasion by the sea ahhahaha NICE JOB sega
    Zeus be with us...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Alexander~
    And if u are good and blitz ai so in 1300 u will be in America and starting britain kingdom invasion by the sea ahhahaha NICE JOB sega
    Yayaya, but I wonder how long it takes to reach America in game time... (from the experience of RTW, I think should be one hundred year...)

I think the aztec thing should be condition based,like by such and such time you should build up a fleet or something and the map transports to a small aztec land with limited armies
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator of rome
    I think the aztec thing should be condition based,like by such and such time you should build up a fleet or something and the map transports to a small aztec land with limited armies
    Mmm... it sounds a bit fun now.

The Aztecs should be a playable faction and you should be able to conquer Europe as them, and cut out Richard I's heart as a sacrifice to the gods to see if it really is a Lion's. And then the Pope's heart as well, just for the hell of it. That would put Christendom in its ****ing place, I tell you.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge
    The Aztecs should be a playable faction and you should be able to conquer Europe as them, and cut out Richard I's heart as a sacrifice to the gods to see if it really is a Lion's. And then the Pope's heart as well, just for the hell of it. That would put Christendom in its ****ing place, I tell you.

ROLF.

Then the Byzzies stroll in and teach the Aztecs what warfare is about...

Byebye Armericanas! *Need a waving smiley*
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksmarshal
    Well for starters the game ends in 1530 the discovery of the Americas was 1492 how is this ridiculous and unrealism! However I would rather the Aztecs not be in MTW2.
    Urm, the only reason the campaign has been extended that far (450 years - significantly more than any other single TW game AFAIK), is to justify the inclusion of the New World element. I for one would have liked to have the manhours allocated to a non-medieval theme rather go to for instance a better AI or more depth in the "true campaign" (Europe and the Middle-East).

The Mongols and later, the Timurs or the Ottomans would be an appropriate late game deus ex machina if you will. A last challenge to prevent the game from becoming stale or predictable. I fail to see how a gold rush, mopping up natives with clubs and blowpipes on another continent when the Old World powers would realistically possess muskets and cannons has anything to do with the middle ages (which basically ended with the European overseas exploration), much less pose a fitting late game challenge.

All in all, I'd say it's a bad, BAD, idea and I hope CA reconsiders. I'd rather have the New World in an expansion pack at a later date.

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

Yup, 100% in full agreeance.
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

I don't agree that Blizting is good playing, in order to have a challenge, let the AI build unmolested.

Seen as the technology prob won't be available untill a set time, I don't think anyone will be going on a holiday to south America early.
    As for the Aztecs I quite like the idea(although I have not played yet) I like the idea of something different in the game.

I hope the victory condition for some countries is sailing to America and conquering it.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Zawath
    I hope the victory condition for some countries is sailing to America and conquering it.
    Spain will probably have that one and maybe Portugal.
    But my danes will make it difficult for them

I think it could be an interesting addition and give some flavour to the game instead of making the exact same game with just better graphics etc. I want to see CA create a jungle environment and a new building set (if they don´t seee this as their big chance to include fantasy units).

Heavily armoured knights will be at an advantage in this climate, meaning that the invaders will have to focus on less armour as they had to do in real life and thereby evening the odds somewhat. You would also not be able to transport mass amounts of canons/troops etc thanks to the distance/costs associated or start full production right away.

Don´t for a second believe that a few hundred spaniards defeated the massive Aztec population, a society heavily geared towards war (estimated around 15 million people). The Aztec capital was destroyed on August 31, 1521. The final attack of Tenochtitlan (Mexico City) was led by the Spaniards who had 400 men with 150,000! native allies. I sure would have liked to see those 400 spaniards try that on their own. I also wonder if there was a battle/siege in medieval Europe that had this many men in the field, please correct me if I am wrong. A common notion seems to be that a few spaniards kicked Aztec ass due to superior military technology. This simply is not true.

I wonder how they are going to implement this bit though; will you be able to go on this quest when you have conquered Europe/achieved your victory conditions or will you be able to launch an invasion during the campaign and thereby drawing resources away from your main campaign? Will more than one faction contend for this area, with huge goldmines/slaves etc being the lure? I assume you can be able to use local tribes/mercenaries upon arrival as you probably will be heavily outnumbered.

Looking forward to this part!

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987
    Red Indian
    That's racism! Aztecs seem off-topic faction but I think it's refreshing.

You'll probably be made impossible to go in to ocean sea before having a superb boten and that bote requires tech you can only get late in the game so that blitz like you've said is impossible

You're all forgetting the fact that there is no attrition in the game...

Are we to believe you can sail off to america with a fleet of dozens of ships and hundreds of men and not lose any on the way?

Pffft.

Yes, they are in..and there's been nonstop complaining ever since CA announced the faction list.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffy
    You're all forgetting the fact that there is no attrition in the game...

Are we to believe you can sail off to america with a fleet of dozens of ships and hundreds of men and not lose any on the way?

Pffft.
    But there are storms.
    They could easily edit so that the chance for storm is very high while traveling to the new world

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast