Thread: Pirates...arrr! Where are they?

Othniel's Avatar Civis

Default Pirates...arrr! Where are they?

Where are the pirates based so I can pound them into the ground? They keep raiding my trade lines and blockading my ports. Not very friendly at all.
    "So that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." - Phillipians 2:10-11

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

"If religious books are not widely circulated among the masses in this country, I do not know what is going to become of us as a nation. If truth be not diffused, error will be; If God and His Word are not known and received, the devil and his works will gain the ascendancy, If the evangelical volume does not reach every hamlet, the pages of a corrupt and licentious literature will; If the power of the Gospel is not felt throughout the length and breadth of the land, anarchy and misrule, degradation and misery, corruption and darkness will reign without mitigation or end." - Daniel Webster

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Pirates...arrr! Where are they?

I've been looking for them too, and I'm starting to think they just spawn randomly.

Although, if you play long enough for the Black Ship event to occur, if you can capture it you basically have the ultimate anti-pirate defense. The thing is unstoppable with its cannons.
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

far far far to the northwest of the map in what is, i think, China.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by -iceblade^; March 16, 2011 at 11:37 PM.

my eternal thanks to the EB team for making R:TW such an epic game, and to TWC and all other modders for pushing the boundaries with each Total War title .

How did you find that!?

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlemaker View Post
    How did you find that!?
    LOL honestly I don't know. in my campaign I am chosokabe and I have some trade routes occupied - I think 3. There was an event where the pirates were being a problem and disrupting Korean trade so I paid 2000 koku to deal with it. Some turns later I see that on the map...

I guess you have to land an army and march since there seems to be no accessible sea route from what I can tell though may well be mistaken as I have not yet explored there

my eternal thanks to the EB team for making R:TW such an epic game, and to TWC and all other modders for pushing the boundaries with each Total War title .

Wait; Can you even land in China?

Could you invade China? Or Korea?

Othniel's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by hitokiri2486 View Post
    I've been looking for them too, and I'm starting to think they just spawn randomly.

Although, if you play long enough for the Black Ship event to occur, if you can capture it you basically have the ultimate anti-pirate defense. The thing is unstoppable with its cannons.
    As luck would have it (and I really can't chalk it up to anything but luck), I have successfully captured a Black Ship. I had 6-7 ships plus a general commanding, and I was only left with one of mine at the end. Looks like it was worth it though. Now to exact revenge on the pirates.
    "So that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." - Phillipians 2:10-11

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

"If religious books are not widely circulated among the masses in this country, I do not know what is going to become of us as a nation. If truth be not diffused, error will be; If God and His Word are not known and received, the devil and his works will gain the ascendancy, If the evangelical volume does not reach every hamlet, the pages of a corrupt and licentious literature will; If the power of the Gospel is not felt throughout the length and breadth of the land, anarchy and misrule, degradation and misery, corruption and darkness will reign without mitigation or end." - Daniel Webster

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by -iceblade^ View Post
    far far far to the northwest of the map in what is, i think, China.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    sorry to say, but it is korean

Silly Wizard's Avatar Foederatus

Yar har fiddle de de being a pirate is all right with me! Do you what you want cause a pirate is free. You are a pirate!

Good work to all those involved in the discovery in this. Wouldn't have known about the trade locations or the REBEL SCUM's base.

Korea eh?

It seems to be no small coincidence that since the capture of Bingo from the Urakami - containing a Pirate Fortress - all Jolly Roger related problems seem to have vanished - for the Shimazu anyway.

Hope I haven't spoken too soon