Thread: Bodies...Disappearing!

Nero2000's Avatar Miles

Icon5 Bodies...Disappearing!

I'm very disappointed that they didnt keep the way the bodies of dead soldiers littered the ground and stayed until the end of the battle...it was so awesome to look at just what a mess you made is there a way to keep them from disappearing after a few minutes? For me it just kills the realism, when a field that just a minute ago was covered with corspes looks like nothing what so ever had occured there like come on

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: Bodies...Disappearing!

Turn up your gfx settings.

Those guys were probably playing dead.........They likely sneaked off to a Sake den.

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Moved to Technical Help.

They do not disappear for me. I would turn up your graphics settings as was already mentioned. If that doesn't work you might have a problem of some sort.

This issue is really annoying to me. I don't want to turn up my graphics settings, because then I would get a terrible framerate, I just want the bodies to stay. It's like if unit size was controlled by your particle effects level.

Unfortunately, you gotta turn up your settings. Maybe there will be a mod.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

You need high-ultra unit detail to stop corpses disappearing. And no you don't need a mod, just pony up for a halfway decent card. Unit detail doesn't take much grunt. I got a card that rapes the game and give me perfectly smooth fps at max settings at 1920x1080 come on guys half of that will buy a great card.

Also first thing that came to mind when i saw the title was a Archon saying Power...OVERWHLEMING. lol
    Last edited by Yojimbo; March 16, 2011 at 11:11 PM.

Hmm, I have a GTX 460m, can't exactly replace it.

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Unit detail doesn't take much grunt. I got a card that rapes the game and give me perfectly smooth fps at max settings at 1920x1080 come on guys half of that will buy a great card.
    There are plenty of people with good PCs who can only get playable FPS zoomed in if they put unit detail on medium. There's some kind of bug or compatibility problem if certain people have to put it on medium while other people don't.
    Last edited by randir14; March 17, 2011 at 01:05 AM.

So at High unit detail bodies wont disappear? Confirmed? Or only on ultra?
    I've been playing on High for some time and it feeeels like there's not as many bodies as there were soldiers alive at the start, but i'm not sure.

I'm fairly certain I saw some bodies disappear on high unit detail, but the threshold for them to start decaying is certainly much higher, if they do.

Bodies aren't disappearing for me at all and neither are arrows - there was one poor sod who had four arrow hits. I moved the camera away to look at something else and came back later; there he was, complete with the four arrows.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

my fx preferences are on high and i´ve got bodies disappearing