Thread: Everyone hates me...

Default Everyone hates me...

For some reason when I play, everyone is generally hostile to me all the time. I basically conquered Shikoku and now everyone hates me entirely. People hate me from across the entire map and I haven't even met them. However the Ashikaga Shogunate is my only ally even though I assassinated the Shogun...
    So my question is, is how do I get everyone to like me. It is incredibly hard to do anything when everyone around you is eager to murder you.

Default Re: Everyone hates me...

Moved to strategy discussion

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

I think something happens when you get alot of provinces, empire divided or something and everyone attacks you.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Silly Wizard's Avatar Foederatus

Well for starters do not betray anyone you are allied or trading with or you get a -37 to diplomacy for dishonouring treaties. Usually causes indifferent factions to be unfriendly if not outright hostile. Learned this the hard way after a clever move.

Quote Originally Posted by xxoverlordxx View Post
    For some reason when I play, everyone is generally hostile to me all the time. I basically conquered Shikoku and now everyone hates me entirely. People hate me from across the entire map and I haven't even met them. However the Ashikaga Shogunate is my only ally even though I assassinated the Shogun...
    So my question is, is how do I get everyone to like me. It is incredibly hard to do anything when everyone around you is eager to murder you.
    Hover your mouse over diplomatic relations and it'll explain why people don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMonkeyMon View Post
    Hover your mouse over diplomatic relations and it'll explain why people don't like you.
    I understand why they hate me, but it doesn't seem like you are able to get anyone to like you ever again. They just indefinitely hate you.

I understand why they hate me, but it doesn't seem like you are able to get anyone to like you ever again. They just indefinitely hate you.
    Then don't do the crap that gets them mad. Remember the times. Although they spoke of honor and loyalty, all of them were just glorified bandit leaders looking for power. You aren't going to find many friends without subjugating them first. (Ex: Tokugawa-Oda relationship). Oftentimes, getting a few vassals out of your conquest is far superior to actually taking over the province due to the fact that it delays RD and also guarentees their loyalty.

I don't agree with that. When you subjugate a clan they are going to have a poor opinion of you, and will likely stab you in the back when they get a chance. My first game as Takeda I tried this and they were quick to turn on me when things got rough. Even if they don't (like say if you arrange a marriage) a bunch of one province/decimated vassals aren't going to be much help when the shogun and his pals come knocking. Also I'm not really sure that there really is a big difference in the Shogun's eye between occupying a province and simply making it your vassal if you are trying to delay intervention.

To get people to like you again open trade agreements with them, then work your way up to an alliance or marriage. You will probably need to pay them for this. If you hover the mouse over them in the diplomacy screen you can see why they don't like you, try to avoid people you may run into trouble with (or who has allies you want to conquer/potential enemies you are trying to befriend).

Keep an eye on their integrity as well or no matter of kissing up is going to gain you a trusted ally.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

"try avoid wars in the begin, make alliance and trade you must."

Default Re: Everyone hates me...get over it

look this always will happen, in every game they will hate you if you become the new shogun... or assassinate him... this is because they see the position as shogun as acquirable, so either wait before you capture the shogunate state, or make sure you own a mighty military.

what I did when everyone started to hate me:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. I moved all my generals(with their army's) to the shogunate state and with each turn moving their, I concurred all the states in my path up and down
    2. I then sent each military to the right side of the map(because the left side was fully concurred in step 1).
    3. I then annihilated each army, town or boat that stood in my way.

p.s. if you have an excess of money and food, make sure you increase the size of your army's, and the amount of army's because you never know when one might fall.

p.p.s. Allies are not a good thing to have, rather trade partners than allies, if your allies turn on you, its probably the biggest problem, because you have given the room to grow and now they hate you.

Default Re: Everyone hates me...get over it

I moved the generals to the shogunate state because I owned most states around it.

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

After reading how helpful the vassals can be, I decided to play this game again. With the vassals, I don't have to leave any garrisons, and in addition I get an ashigaru unit from each of them. This allows me to move on to the next province on the same turn without worrying about uprisings. They can be very helpful during Realm Divide. The tribute and the trade income helps. What I realized when I attacked soon after Realm Divide began was that my sudden enemies weren't prepared for it. Most of their armies were deployed far away from my border because they were fighting each other. I'm playing as Shimazu. By the time I encountered the main forces of Oda and Date, I already cornered Chosokabe to the last province. The AI has a tendency to have one big invasion force in one province and leave the rest with small garrisons. Chosokabe at this time had his main forces invading towards Kyoto. I took all of his Shikoku lands within 2 turns by doing multiple naval landings simultaneously. He didn't have time to raise a significant army or send his army from near Kyoto. Instead of me, it was Chosokabe who got taken by surprise and got ganged up by me and my vassals.

So far, I got betrayed by only one vassal. I'm about to take over the traitor who has only one province. My vassals are doing a good job of keeping Chosokabe busy. With just one province left, Chosokabe couldn't maintain his large army. This army was invading Kyoto. His general and some of his units defected to my general who was in a neighboring province:

Chosokabe still has considerable naval fleets harrassing my vassals' ports, but they'll be gone when I take his last province. My only concern is Oda's mystery ship: