Thread: Food icon.

Default Food icon.

You know down the bottom right near the amount ingoing and outgoing Koku, there is a food icon.I assume this tells you how much food is being produced?Or do i have it wrong?I cant seem to find any relevance to it at all.
    Push to test... Release to detonate.

Default Re: Food icon.

It tells you how much food is available. If you upgrade your stronghold to a castle it will cost 3 food. If you only have 2 food available you cant purchase the upgrade, if you had 3 and build a castle you will now have zero food and will need to produce more rice farms if you want to upgrade any further strongholds or castles. hope this helps. Cheers Grund.

Many thanks Grund.
    Push to test... Release to detonate.

Silly Wizard's Avatar Foederatus

Try not to get into negative with the food or you will need to deal with revolts and the ire of REBEL SCUM. Last thing you want when out on a campaign and your capital's garrison is poorly defended. Cheers nyoro~n

Otherdude's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Grundhelm View Post
    If you only have 2 food available you cant purchase the upgrade, if you had 3 and build a castle you will now have zero food and will need to produce more rice farms if you want to upgrade any further strongholds or castles. hope this helps. Cheers Grund.
    Does it actually stop you from purchasing the upgrade? I ended up in a major food shortage because I wasn't paying attention to that little resource. I guess that's one reason to reconsider having major strongholds in every province early on.

Nitrius's Avatar Foederatus

Doesn't stop you from building stuff that needs food i believe, i've gone into - myself so.

The food icon shows the cumulative surplus, or deficit.
    "oooh a gypsy wind is blowing warm tonight, sky is starlit and the time is right. Now you're telling me you have to go...before you do there's something you should know." - Bob Seger

Freedom is the distance between church and state.

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Lack of Food doesn't stop you from building but you will go into negatiove Food and peasants get angry when they are hungry. I find it best to maintain a 2-3 Food surplus to cover any unforseen occurance.

Please note that rice exchanges cost food.
    "oooh a gypsy wind is blowing warm tonight, sky is starlit and the time is right. Now you're telling me you have to go...before you do there's something you should know." - Bob Seger

Freedom is the distance between church and state.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

But does it anywhere say how much is actually being produced?
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

It's a constant representation of availability vs expenditure. Farms provide +n per turn, while Castles and advanced markets etc cost -n per turn.

Also, if you want to know what is costing food and how much your farms are producing, you can mouse over them with a city selected. It should pretty plainly say Provides food n or costs food n. Something along those lines.