Thread: No water WHATSOEVER

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Default No water WHATSOEVER

...In campaign, battles. There is no water in anything. And when I attempt to use the highest shader model, the screen goes white and the warriors go transparent.

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Default Re: No water WHATSOEVER

Update your drivers or stop taking LSD. Just say no.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Silly man! Didn't you realize that STW2 takes place in an alternate universe!? Water is a commodity, and the armies of Japan are fighting to control it! The title of Shogun stands for Supreme Hydration Officer Granting Unrestrained Nourishment! Seriously!? You guys need to read up on the game before complaining!

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Moved to Technical Help.

Quote Originally Posted by Googoo24 View Post
    Silly man! Didn't you realize that STW2 takes place in an alternate universe!? Water is a commodity, and the armies of Japan are fighting to control it! The title of Shogun stands for Supreme Hydration Officer Granting Unrestrained Nourishment! Seriously!? You guys need to read up on the game before complaining!
    Dude, I seriously LOL'ed for a minute straight!

How long did it take you to think of S.H.O.G.U.N.?

reppage coming your way sir!
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Update your drivers or stop taking LSD. Just say no.
    *Dons n00b mask*
    Would this mean getting Vista or Windows 7, or just a new graphics card?

DX9 is the highest XP can take, right? I'm gonna stick it out through the upcoming patches and hope they break tradition and sort all the glitches and problems out

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

If you're using an ATI card, go into catalyst and change the AA to application controlled, I had the same problem and that fixed it.

Some people who force AA are having this issue, are you changing the graphics at all or do you have bad drivers?

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

ignore all/threads saying to test the AA work around. They cause more problems. Wait for an official patch from CA.

Yeah, and i imagine alot of people have Anti-Aliasing forced in their "Global" driver settings, so it applies to ALL games including Shogun 2.
    Then they see the no-water glitch and no matter what they do they cant fix it, not knowing it is the AA that is causing it