Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum III?

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Roma Surrectum III?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    And yet It still makes a great game.
    I never said it wasn't, but what I said still stands. Not everybody agrees with EB's approach. That's why I prefer mods like RS2 and XGM that take a more even approach to accuracy and gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by zchmrkenhoff View Post
    But that's what you design a submod for..you alter things to reflect the RS style and that shouldn't be too difficult. After all both EB and RS depict the same units and the same factions really, so all the really hard work would be accomplished already basically. It's not like EB is skinning the units in a way that is "wrong" or portraying the factions "wrong." I don't see why this would have to be an "all or nothing" scenario; if it would be too much work to make a M2TW RS, then use the EB units! It's dumb to say "EB is fundamentally in irreconcilable error with RS and it would be nothing less than exposing ourselves to the plague to even think of using elements of their mod in ours".
    I said nothing about plagues or "irreconcilable errors". Last I checked, EB had pretty clear rules regarding submods about how they have to conform as close as possible to EB itself in terms of historical accuracy. You know how a number of the Roman legions in RS2 have lorica segmentata armor? Well, make a topic in the EB forum asking them to put LS legions in the mod and wait and see what kind of reaction you get.

The appeal of the Total War games is that they can be modded to portray the game in any way the individual wants it to be. Making every classical era M2TW mod an EB2 submod would be tantamount to making every modder and mod team subservient to the EB team's vision.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    You know how a number of the Roman legions in RS2 have lorica segmentata armor? Well, make a topic in the EB forum asking them to put LS legions in the mod and wait and see what kind of reaction you get.
    well..maybe a bad example as LS was introduced around 70ad ...and EB timeframe ends way before so I can understand they dont want them in as this would be totally off board as there are a 100 years in between...RSII timeframe runs up to 100ad so in a certain way the LS can be in although most players play a compressed timeframe as they will not play the full turn amount of 638...

but yes ..I understand your point

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

Erm, this might be a stupid question but: Why move RSII over to M2TW (which is not the original topic bt there is a lot of talk of porting here)? How is the RTW engine so inferior? I was under the impression M2TW was just RTW + 1. And how would macedonian phalanxes be implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by [100]jplay.TGC View Post
    And how would macedonian phalanxes be implemented?
    This is a mayor problem i believe.

As far as i kno, the EBII team was havin a crapload of problems with it.

Any way, mebbe S2TW might be perfect engine for a RSIII. Who knows.
    "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by lolzillaXD!!! View Post
    Any way, mebbe S2TW might be perfect engine for a RSIII. Who knows.
    I might have to buy S2TW then, probably wont until its dirt cheap unless everyone spams the forums going OMG S2TW is SOO AWESOME

lol

I was thinkin about the same lines.

That and until i can upgrade mah jurassic PC or get a mac

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I thought S2TW (or TWS2, as it should technically be called) wasn't moddable? Something about the game files being in binary code or something?

I thought S2TW (or TWS2, as it should technically be called) wasn't moddable? Something about the game files being in binary code or something?

awwweeee....this is some serious crap I tell you...
    just for changing units stats like armour,attack etc you need a hexeditor cause the files are in hexadecimalcode

right now the moddability of S2TW is a slap in the face of the mod community....
    Last edited by chris10; March 18, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Pretty much, It's even less moddable than NTW and ETW if you can beleive that, they say it wasn't intentional but I don't believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Pretty much, It's even less moddable than NTW and ETW if you can beleive that, they say it wasn't intentional but I don't believe them.
    Me neither

-Duke Nukem's Avatar Civis
    Place where all a$$kickers are.......a STRIP club!(the place where i usualy are)

OMG S2TW is SOO AWESOME111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!(No not realy)
    Every *CENCORED* is moddable if you got source code............anyone seeing one lately? Maybe you should look under your bed.
    Come get some!
    Duke Nukem Forever(it realy took forever): (10th June 2011)
    RTR VII GC: April,May,June,July,Julii,August,September...when?
    Welcome to "Cool's-Ville", Population: ME
    When you open a can of Whoop-Ass,I jump out....so beawere!

Erm, this might be a stupid question but: Why move RSII over to M2TW (which is not the original topic bt there is a lot of talk of porting here)? How is the RTW engine so inferior? I was under the impression M2TW was just RTW + 1. And how would macedonian phalanxes be implemented?
    Well the AI is alot more moddable in m2tw and more factions can be added (although if it has the same unit limit, then that point would be null and void as RS already uses all of rtw's unit slots).

And for those spekaing of modding SHogun2 . But CA did promise to release some modding tools for NTW, so you never know they may do the same for SHogun eventually as well, I wouldn't put money on it of course, but if your an extremely optimistic fellow this may give you a ray of hope in terms of the game's moddability.

Quote Originally Posted by -Duke Nukem View Post
    Every *CENCORED* is moddable if you got source code............anyone seeing one lately? Maybe you should look under your bed.
    Shogun 2 is awesome, best vanilla release CA have ever had.

M2TW engine does offer many advantages in terms of overall gameplay, be it managing recruitment or controlling economy. to say nothing of the graphics.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

right now the moddability of S2TW is a slap in the face of the mod community....

But there is a modder, blessed of the dark-side, that is sworn to destroy all inconsistencies in TW gaming.....

and he has expressed an interest in TWS2... and forsees great potential of its moddability

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

HERE

Quote Originally Posted by -Duke Nukem View Post
    I left one in mah other pants. Tho mah mom threw it in the laundry and most likely it all got ----ed up.

Damn.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Ok let be be clear. We are looking into our options for a next project, but as of now nothing is decided at all.
    What we focus on right now is to make the last changes to the RS 2.2 patch which will bring a lot of new features to RS 2.

Also zchmrkenhoff stop double posting or I will report you and make sure to ban you from our forum. Use the edit button!
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Ok let be be clear. We are looking into our options for a next project, but as of now nothing is decided at all.
    What we focus on right now is to make the last changes to the RS 2.2 patch which will bring a lot of new features to RS 2.

Also zchmrkenhoff stop double posting or I will report you and make sure to ban you from our forum. Use the edit button!
    Yay!!!Preliminary reps for youz.

I will respond to each post independently as is standard practice on a forum and will not be threatened to do otherwise.
    "There must be a positive Passion for the public good, the public Interest, Honor, Power, and Glory, established in the Minds of the People, or there can be no Republican Government, nor any real Liberty. And this public Passion must be Superior to all private Passions. Men must be ready, they must pride themselves, and be happy to sacrifice their private Pleasures, Passions, and Interests, nay their private Friendships and dearest connections, when they Stand in Competition with the Rights of society." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by zchmrkenhoff View Post
    I will respond to each post independently as is standard practice on a forum and will not be threatened to do otherwise.
    well...no...dude, doubleposting is against the rules on this board (Rules Member Conduct No4. )... although it can accidentally happen to all of us but doin it intentionally and repetitive will only result in infraction, btw: same goes for defying moderators ...
    so best is to simply accept it or is there any problem with that ?

dont you think that you might have overreacted a bit on this one ?
    Last edited by chris10; March 20, 2011 at 12:04 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast