Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum III?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: Roma Surrectum III?

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    well...no...dude, doubleposting is against the rules on this board (Rules Member Conduct No4. )... although it can accidentally happen to all of us but doin it intentionally and repetitive will only result in infraction, btw: same goes for defying moderators ...
    so best is to simply accept it or is there any problem with that ?

dont you think that you might have overreacted a bit on this one ?
    I think It's the fact that he is blatemtly defying forum rules and moderators.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    well...no...dude, doubleposting is against the rules on this board (Rules Member Conduct No4. )... although it can accidentally happen to all of us but doin it intentionally and repetitive will only result in infraction, btw: same goes for defying moderators ...
    so best is to simply accept it or is there any problem with that ?

dont you think that you might have overreacted a bit on this one ?
    Maybe a bit, but I wasn't in any mood to merge all his damn double posts.
    It is against the rules of TWC (the TOS) so I would have the law on my side if I decided to do it (+ we can ban people from the RS section on twc).
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

There will be a roma surrectum 3, I'm working on it together with DVK It will be a huuuuge update with an completely overhauled battlemap environment, new campaignmap textures and vegetation, new thunderstorm skies with mammatus clouds, unique settlements, rebalanced unit stats, a lot of bug fixes, more realistic movement on the battlemap, more realistic movement restrictions for ships (similar to RTRVII) and so much more.
    Last edited by 20ninescene; May 09, 2015 at 08:49 AM.

Don't play with me man! Lol
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

@ant909 I'm not kidding

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith of eternal doom View Post
    rebalanced unit stats, a lot of bug fixes,
    This would have to mean 2 things:

- I can cut through roman dogs as easily as with other units

- Hoplite formations finally get fixed

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Indeed, custom settlements are coming, just check the stickies.

tiepilot98's Avatar Libertus

Great news! Will Rome has new legions? And will be old legions rework? And will the legions of Rome dress in a red tunic, besause white tunic in battle is... Unhistorical.
    Last edited by tiepilot98; May 10, 2015 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith of eternal doom View Post
    ............ rebalanced unit stats, a lot of bug fixes, .........
    Of all the lovely things I've seen, I was looking forward to a extremely nice RS v2.8.

However, the above concerns me somewhat. v2.6 saw a year of testing and a lot of tweaking. What, please, is likely to be changed - and, most importantly, why?
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Well, 're-balancing' units is an overstatement. Any work in that area will be offered as an alternative to the existing stats.

There will be, as mentioned, an update and a 'fixing' of some issues with the battlefield environment. 'Wraith of eternal doom' has taken it upon himself to fix some issues with tree models and sprites that were behaving badly in some instances, and he has taken the configuration of the geography database to another level, shall we say, by using unused ground types and adding textures to make battlefields look even better than before. From what I've seen, they look so good it's scary.

The total rework of ALL settlements and settlement types is a given, as I've been working on those for over a year. The idea here is simply to improve settlement game play in 'most' instances by using the better settlement models and in most cases the smaller ones. RTW originally 'expanded' cities by progressively making the settlement models bigger, and then putting huge (mostly) poorly designed building models in them to take up nearly 50% of the space. I have removed these huge buildings in almost all cases, and built cities in smaller city models with new 'living space' type buildings. This is a boon, because the smaller city models have better pathfinding.

There will be various 'bug fixes'.....I have a long list of them that need to be gone through....one big one being a fix for the Hoplites which I think I've found.

We could still call all this RS2.xx........I really don't care. It's just that with the new visual stuff, RS3 sounded better.

After the release of this, it is my intention to work on individual campaigns....tweaking, adding loyalty where desired, and maybe even creating new campaigns.

So don't worry.....I have no intention of messing too much with what took us years to accomplish. I want to 'improve'...not dismantle.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    one big one being a fix for the Hoplites which I think I've found.
    Praise the lord aleluia!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

thats my news for the day

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Great news

Thanks!

Do you plan on making a 4tpy addition?
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

@Ant909 maybe, and I say maybe we can include that as an option. I wanted to include it but it would make campaigns veeeeery long (1200 turns). It seems that people want it so I'll discuss that with dvk (again =P).

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Well, 're-balancing' units is an overstatement...................And lots of lovely stuff.........

All of what you two have done/will do will make RSII even more visually appealing - personally I'd go for v2.8 and leave '.9' in reserve.

RSIII would perhaps be if we can change the Trait system as we wanted - and go for a whole new Loyalty system to enable more/better and less scripted revolts.

But that's me.....
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

If I remember right DVK told me he is working on revolts triggered by loyalty and reducing the scripted revolts

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post

All of what you two have done/will do will make RSII even more visually appealing - personally I'd go for v2.8 and leave '.9' in reserve.

RSIII would perhaps be if we can change the Trait system as we wanted - and go for a whole new Loyalty system to enable more/better and less scripted revolts.

But that's me.....
    You're probably right here. Just in considering how much there is still to do, and how much has been done......RS3 might well be better left for the trait re-work. That's going to be a big job, as I have to redo almost the entire way that traits are triggered. I'm even considering that I might slowly convert various campaigns to a BI format, since this would work much better with loyalty.....I was working on that before I got sidetracked with the whole settlement redesign business.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Well the game probably does involve tons and tons of settlement assaulting.

I fight 80% if not 90% of battles as settlements assaults.

Patrician

Well good...people should be more entertained since all of them are being replaced.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast