Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Roma Surrectum III?

Default Re: Roma Surrectum III?

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    You're probably right here. ........... as I have to ..................
    There is no 'I' in 'Team' - some help is definitely possible.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Heh...yeah. Sorry about that.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Well, 're-balancing' units is an overstatement. Any work in that area will be offered as an alternative to the existing stats.

There will be, as mentioned, an update and a 'fixing' of some issues with the battlefield environment. 'Wraith of eternal doom' has taken it upon himself to fix some issues with tree models and sprites that were behaving badly in some instances, and he has taken the configuration of the geography database to another level, shall we say, by using unused ground types and adding textures to make battlefields look even better than before. From what I've seen, they look so good it's scary.

The total rework of ALL settlements and settlement types is a given, as I've been working on those for over a year. The idea here is simply to improve settlement game play in 'most' instances by using the better settlement models and in most cases the smaller ones. RTW originally 'expanded' cities by progressively making the settlement models bigger, and then putting huge (mostly) poorly designed building models in them to take up nearly 50% of the space. I have removed these huge buildings in almost all cases, and built cities in smaller city models with new 'living space' type buildings. This is a boon, because the smaller city models have better pathfinding.

There will be various 'bug fixes'.....I have a long list of them that need to be gone through....one big one being a fix for the Hoplites which I think I've found.

We could still call all this RS2.xx........I really don't care. It's just that with the new visual stuff, RS3 sounded better.

After the release of this, it is my intention to work on individual campaigns....tweaking, adding loyalty where desired, and maybe even creating new campaigns.

So don't worry.....I have no intention of messing too much with what took us years to accomplish. I want to 'improve'...not dismantle.
    I'd be really interested to see what's being worked on here, particularly with the battlemap environment. Sounds good!

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

It is amazing how this mod has made this game not only playable, by today's standard, but superior to most recent titles. With the updates you guys are proposing the future looks AMAZING! lol
    Thank you guys for keeping this alive. Best mod ever!

Also, not sure what I could do, but if there is anything you guys need help to speed things along....I am a willing participant.
    Last edited by est Dudus; May 13, 2015 at 10:40 AM.
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

I cant wait for the updates....
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Marcus Rutilius Scipio's Avatar Foederatus

Roma Surrectum III would be amazing. Personally for me, RS2 is already my favorite game, but now a new version...
    I wish you good luck in upgrading this mod!

Hi
    think the roma surrectum need this all texture of the rome 2 TW http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tal-War-Center i hope it is helpfull

Ave fellow legionarii,

It's been a while since ive visited the forum. Busy doing this and that. So, got a new laptop, last one just crashed and I got rid of it. Requiescat in pace..
    Obviously, time for some Roma Surrectum. Im reading that a RSIII is coming. So before im starting a new campaign, is it coming soon or should I just install 1.6.

Good to hear the community is alive and well. And congratulations for the best mod award!

Edit: Im sorry, I mean 2.6 ofcourse
    Last edited by Lt.Speirs; November 05, 2015 at 08:50 AM.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

It may be a bit, so just install 2.6. RSIII will install right over it....but won't be save game compat....obviously.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

It may be a bit, so just install 2.6. RSIII will install right over it....but won't be save game compat....obviously.
    Thanks! Good luck with the new patch

Oh good, time to see how much population I can cram into my settlements...

Any tidbits about new features for III? I'm itching for a Pontus campaign.

Considered moving to M2 engine?

I think they did consider a long time ago. There is not real reason to do it with the amount of work it would take.

any news about update?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345