Thread: TWS2 Attention to detail!

grouchy13's Avatar TW Mercenary Veteranii

Default TWS2 Attention to detail!

We all know that each TW title has it's jewels of detail, from the great ancilleries of RTW, and M2TW to my all time fave the Cryptographer Ancillery of Lord Wellington in NTW which most said either could not be cracked or was a mere wild goose chase WRONG!(+Rep to specialkornflake for cracking the code on his 9th post here on TWC!),

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368464

After having a good luck round the game I stumbled across this gem,

Fans of Akira Kurosawa will no doubt have come across the classic "Kagemusha" in which a double, A thief who was to be executed is spared his life but must imitate the great Takeda Shingen following his unfortunate death to safeguard the Takeda Clan from it's enemies.

The "Kagemusha" or body double imitates one of Takeda Shingens well known traits throughout the film on a number of occasions, Namely the slow moving of two fingers throughout his moustache as seen here,

http://www.youtube.com/user/grouchy13?feature=mhum

After watching Ashu-Siralis (+rep) awesome Takeda campaign video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35XV7...mbedded#at=382

I noticed when in the Clan Management window and selecting to view the traits of the Daimyo on seing the great Takeda Shingen sat there what does the wily sprite do, only rub his fingers through moustache ala "Kagemusha"! go to min 05:25 of Ashu-Siralis video to see this amazing attention to detail, CA I salute this nod to the greatest Samurai film the great Kagemusha
    Last edited by grouchy13; March 16, 2011 at 04:19 PM.
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

Default Re: TWS2 Attention to detail!

I've had several moments in game that felt like they were ripped directly out of Ran. Absolutely love it.

Though it might not be as complex or deep, the aesthetics of this game are so great that it has overtaken Victoria 2 as my strategy game of choice at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tarvu View Post
    I've had several moments in game that felt like they were ripped directly out of Ran. Absolutely love it.

Though it might not be as complex or deep, the aesthetics of this game are so great that it has overtaken Victoria 2 as my strategy game of choice at the moment.
    Crazy, best TW yet IMO
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Great find Grouchy!

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

Surprised when no one mentioned the shinobi dojo in the game. I saw that and chuckled.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaxspore View Post
    Surprised when no one mentioned the shinobi dojo in the game. I saw that and chuckled.
    Now thats is ingenious!, what next a Tenchu Ninja Assassin ancillery!

Last edited by grouchy13; March 16, 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by grouchy13 View Post
    We all know that each TW title has it's jewels of detail, from the great ancilleries of RTW, and M2TW to my all time fave the Cryptographer Ancillery of Lord Wellington in NTW which most said either could not be cracked or was a mere wild goose chase WRONG!(+Rep to RO Citizen for cracking the code on his 9th post here on TWC!),

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368464
    It looks like specialkornflake was the real decoder of that message........

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    It looks like specialkornflake was the real decoder of that message........
    Your absolutly right sir I'll amend that at once, not sure how I got that confused meh