Thread: Great multiplayer NOT!

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Default Great multiplayer NOT!

First thing I want to mention is how impressed I am with the multiplayer aspect of the real time battles.

We now can play the Avatar Conquest or just play the regular classic battle.

I made some request and suggest to CA as did most of us and for the most part I think we got it in spades.

I wanted all cavalry dismountable: got it.

I wanted names of opponents on replays: got it.

I wanted unique unit abilities: got it.

I wanted a player lobby: got it.

I love the Avatar Conquest although I am no good at winning battles in that area it’s still fun because a loser like me can still get experience for his General and infantry after losing all my battles.

My only disappointment so far is that I have not played any classic battles yet online.
    Last edited by JackDionne; March 17, 2011 at 03:33 PM.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Default Re: Great multiplayer

I agree.
    The forums keep rotating around all the bugs there are and nobody can deny them, but this is great MP gameplay right there.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

damn and right before Shogun is released my computer goes to hell... I can't believe this people are happy and I'm sitting on the side lines!!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDionne View Post
    I wanted names of opponents on replays: got it.
    I wanted a player lobby: got it.
    In classic battle replays, the names of players won't be shown
    And the player lobby is eerily quiet . Is this really MP?

Quote Originally Posted by VersionLangley View Post
    In classic battle replays, the names of players won't be shown
    And the player lobby is eerily quiet . Is this really MP?
    Thanks for the info. I had not been able to play a classic battle yet either. I went to their forum yesterday to complain.

I started this stupid thread before I had all my facts.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Great multiplayer NOT!

Lobby is quiet because of Steam Regions thing is back, so your not playing against people all over the world, your playing against only those in your region (this same thing was in NTW until a patch removed it)

Quote Originally Posted by emotion_name View Post
    Lobby is quiet because of Steam Regions thing is back, so your not playing against people all over the world, your playing against only those in your region (this same thing was in NTW until a patch removed it)
    No, this is not true.
    The lobby itself is limited, but at least the matchmaking is worldwide.
    Don't know about the hosted battle list.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

It's probably because no one is hosting classic matches... as if everyone hasn't caught the Call of Duty bug and wants to level up their avatar and make him super l33t. It's too bad... I'd take a classic match any day.

Quote Originally Posted by themoob View Post
    It's probably because no one is hosting classic matches... as if everyone hasn't caught the Call of Duty bug and wants to level up their avatar and make him super l33t. It's too bad... I'd take a classic match any day.

I am pissed, I tried to invite a friend to a game using their (when hosting) button and it said server not available.

Very disappointed in it because I am one of those who buy the game for the non-campaign aspect.

People will play classic battles once the whole thing settles down and they have played the new modes im certain of that, especially for community run tournaments and stuff.
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    I agree.
    The forums keep rotating around all the bugs there are and nobody can deny them, but this is great MP gameplay right there.
    yeah it does have a lot of new dimensions of game play. it was a good general shift in approach.
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

i get a bug in classic battle when i try to host one where i can choose units,anyone else tryed to host one?

Classic mode for me when hosting lags like hell in the setup screen for some reason and cant start - normal battles run fine for the most part
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Quote Originally Posted by bushranger View Post
    i get a bug in classic battle when i try to host one where i can choose units,anyone else tryed to host one?
    Read my post above, it's a server issue. Really too bad.

Man... now I don't feel so bad for not having a working computer yet.

Swoosh I had the same problem yesterday when hosting a 3v3 classic mode, the game really lagged bad, cannot understand why when we play the avatar mode the game works fine and in classic mode lags really bad ?

vonPauluS's Avatar Civis

Classic mode always laggs for me after some quick-find games, quiting Shogun 2 and shutting it down ,then entering game again,this procedure helps!

Automatch is the standard multiplayer mode in most RTS games today. It's there to help you play against people of your own skill level. I don't see why some of you have a problem with it. Unless the problem is with all the unlockable units and stuff, in which case I understand. Everyone should have access to same units for multiplayer to be really fair.

Not??? don't get it... your OP seems to praise the MP??? but then you use an interjection, 'Not'???

either you are trying to be sarcastic (which if so... it was not effective) or... well just not sure?

in my opinion, MP is verse and has many options def added to the TW franchise!