Thread: Economy tips?

Default Economy tips?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Establish trade routes with the outside world and with those goods trade them with the other clans for more profit? Is that the only use of silk/cotton/incense? I saw someone mention putting more than one trade boat at such locations. Does having an extra one do anything?

Default Re: Economy tips?

I noticed a jump in my income when I stuck a second boat on a trade route. Didn't check to see if it justified the upkeep of the trade ship or play around to see if there were diminishing returns for a third, fourth and so on trading ship.

Yes, it is like Empire you want to stack the maximum number of tradeships at a trade port as possible keeping in mind that because enemy ships can raid it and trade ships have weak attack/defense values you may want to keep a small defense force in the stack.

There is a cap (soft cap?) per resource but with two tradeports full with tradeships I have not hit it. It is well worth the upkeep, tradeships do not have a particularly high upkeep.

Some high tier buildings require the one or the other. For example, for high-tier christian churchesyou need incense. You should look through the requirements of buildings in the encyclopaedy, there you will find it.