Thread: Lag, Lag EVERYWHERE

Lucky Mouse's Avatar Laetus

Default Lag, Lag EVERYWHERE

This is probably going to be me sounding like a broken record by harping on the same issue everyone else has, but there's not really much else I can do, is there?

I'll cut straight to the point. When I enter a battle I get HORRENDOUS amounts of INDESCRIBABLY HORRIFIC lag akin to SOME OBSCURE ELDRITCH ABOMINATION CORRUPTING THE VERY ESSENCE OF MY SOUL if my soul were a computer and it's subsequent systems.

Like, this isn't even lag, this is ultra lag. I'm going to give you a blunt example. I ran the tutorial just to test the FPS real quick and I don't get more than 10-12 FPS. While zoomed out. When zoomed in it's more like 5-8. I seriously have no idea whatsoever as to what could be causing this as I've literally tweaked every setting, even reducing unit detail and setting the overall settings to low, and nothing seems to improve the FPS at all.

I know it's not my computer because these are my important specs:
    Intel Core i7 Processor
    Nvidia GeForce 285M Graphics Cards (x2 in SLI setup)
    8GB Ram

My specs are vastly better than the recommended specs for the game so I should be destroying this thing's system requirements even on ultra but I'm still not getting above 12 FPS even on medium. By Odin's beard what's going on?
    Last edited by Lucky Mouse; March 16, 2011 at 12:42 PM.

Default Re: Lag, Lag EVERYWHERE

Just to make sure - does your HDD need defragmenting/clearing up?
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

kentuckybandit's Avatar Ordinarius

Yes you should try to defrag. Seems too simple but you would be surprised what it can do. Defragged two nights ago before the game released (hadn't done it in like a year )

You have several factors working against you, all of which will likely be addressed in future patches (as is usually the case):

• In general, you're going to run into more glitches as a result of using an SLI setup.
    • Mobile GPUs are still somewhat rare and are not as well tested as desktop GPUs, thus there are sometimes underlying issues and glitches in game as a result.
    • Your system is not a common combination of parts. The rarity of this combination is working against your finding the exact cause of the problem.

Updating your drivers is a logical next step. After you've done that & defragged, all you can do is wait for patches and driver updates to solve the problem.
    Hip Hop is lying on the side of the road, half dead to itself. Blood scrawled over its mangled flesh, like jazz. Cop car swerves to the side of the road. Hip Hop takes its last breath. The cop scrawls vernacular manslaughter onto a yellow pad, then balls the paper into his hand, deciding he'd rather free-style. "You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to remain silent. And maybe you should have, maybe you should have, before your :wub: manifested.