Thread: SPQR 6.0 will have Diplomats

Default SPQR 6.0 will have Diplomats

Hello,

Because of the Improvements in 1.5 patch, SPQR 6.0 will have diplomats, how this will help the player is yet to be seen, it may help on some trade etc. But over all dont expect Nations your at war with to accept peace like in 1.2. Also trade rights will help some, but because of the size of the map, if its not near one of your cities the trade rights might as well be with the moon. lol

Overall I have been testing diplomacy in SPQR 6.0 and I do like it alot. I think most will, Diplomats will cost more as do assassins and spies. BUt there is 0 turn recruitment on them. Bribing is very hard in 6.0 because of the patch etc. So over all Adding Diplomacy will not hurt the gameplay in SPQR 6.0 like it did in 5.0, infact you may need a little peace just to survive! Of course 6.0 will NOT work with any saved games from 5.0 so please keep that in mind later when its released. But overall it will FEEL like a new game and will play wonderfully and Bug free. ;-)

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Sounds good Lt. You keep making 6.0 better and better. I can't wait anymore! When will it be ready?!

thx for the hard work youve put into spqr

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    Hello,

But overall it will FEEL like a new game and will play wonderfully and Bug free. ;-)

Lt

oh man... I can feel it's near

That's awesome!! Now, I don't have to stick to my borde!!

Thanks Lt, and thanks Honor&Glory for that smiley!!

Adnan

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

That's really good news. I missed using them in previous versions.

Well in the previous versions it was best all the time diplomats asked for peace then the AI attacked. lol But in 1.5 with SPQR it is working much better and I have more control of the AI. I am also working on some New skins for the diplomats, spies and assassins, nothing fancy since they all use the same model, but anything is better than the vanilla on some of them. lol Its hard work, but I am done with the dips and only have the assassins and spies left. Its so hard to see detail anyway on them so it doesnt need to much to look a little better.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    Well in the previous versions it was best all the time diplomats asked for peace then the AI attacked. lol
    :laughing: Yeah, that was one of the things I hated about diplomats in 1.2. I'm glad to hear that they'll be much more improved in SPQR 6.0.

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

Lt, your STILL the man!

Triarii's Avatar Semisalis

I guess this will finally put an end to all those "How do I bring back diplomats?" threads. I bet you are glad LT.

Well I dont mind people modding my mod for personal use, but there are times a modder gets a little upset when people release a bunch of small mods based off his mod to add features he wanted removed for a reason. And whats worse is when someone complains about the mod being easy, to find out they added a small addon or changed diplomats etc in the game. lol
    Lt_1956